i extraction the files download from here ,but i encounter problem after i key in username and password from index.jsp.

"HTTP Status 404 - /daniwebtutorial/controller/login
type Status report
message /daniwebtutorial/controller/login
description The requested resource (/daniwebtutorial/controller/login) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18"

Ver. Tomcat : Tomcat 6.0
paths to java :C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\bin;
command compile : javac -classpath .;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib\servlet-api.jar LoginServlet.java

For the command compile, i got error message as below:
"javac: invalid flag: Files\Apache
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options"

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

command compile : javac -classpath .;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib\servlet-api.jar LoginServlet.java

For the command compile, i got error message as below:
"javac: invalid flag: Files\Apache
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
use -help for a list of possible options"

I was assisting with this, but still I'm puzzled why LoginServlet wasn't compiled. After this failure I asked sven1981 to move servlet-api.jar to Java installation directory (I know I shouldn't do this, but there been reasons). After this desperate act LoginServlet compiled successfully, but still sven1981 received this blasted error when submitted username and password

"HTTP Status 404 - /daniwebtutorial/controller/login
type Status report
message /daniwebtutorial/controller/login
description The requested resource (/daniwebtutorial/controller/login) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18"

Ver. Tomcat : Tomcat 6.0
paths to java :C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_12\bin;

Anyone have any suggestion what may be wrong?

Have you tried placing quotes around the portion of the classpath with the space in it? Or around the entire classpath? Also, make sure that the configuration for tomcat also has quotes around the portion of the path with spaces in it in it's definition of the jdk to be used.

Edit: Also, the tomcat configuration will need quotes in the portion of it's configuration pointing to the "library" directories. It is the "Program Files\Apache Software Foundation" portion of the path that is causing the problem. I haven't run Tomcat on Windows (or anywhere else) in a while, though, so I can't tell you, reliably, how to modify it's configuration.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.