@TroyXXX

That's pretty basic if you can't get the lines:

onmouseover = omouseout = function(e ) { ... };

// same ASS:

onmouseover = function( e ) { ... };

onmouseout = function( e ) { ... };

if your IE can't get to it, the im pretty sure other browser will consider those basic line and execute the function.
So don't be such a stubborn kid and stop crying for the things, that is not intended to your deal...

- I think you should consider Airshow's suggestion, and read more stuff in the W3C standard recommendations, instead of inventing your own things...

I agree, I should have stated: "in this, and all other ordinary cases where regular properties are inheritable by nature..." but that would be to long of a statement for making such a short point wouldn't you agree.

@TroyXXX

That's pretty basic if you can't get the lines:

onmouseover = omouseout = function(e ) { ... };

// same ASS:

onmouseover = function( e ) { ... };

onmouseout = function( e ) { ... };

if your IE can't get to it, the im pretty sure other browser will consider those basic line and execute the function.
So don't be such a stubborn kid and stop crying for the things, that is not intended to your deal...

- I think you should consider Airshow's suggestion, and read more stuff in the W3C standard recommendations, instead of inventing your own things...

Hahahaha
I wonder thou, how did you learn the things you come to know by now.
Or you didn't even bother to understand that error. onmouseover = function( e ) Means that you are assigning a function to a globalscope variable named onmouseover - not to the event with the same name kid.

So, what your're relying on to get that function runing is a pure proprietary mozilla bug!

And I dont give a damn about W3C comunistic scumbags.

I am writing these lines for our silent readers - not namedly for you or any other member explcitely involved in this discussion!
'Cause I know you know all about coding and scripting - I'm writing these replies for causal readers.

But if you are interested to read also, here is your short scripting strategy that will work 'cross-browserly'.

document.onmouseover = document.onmouseout = function(e){
	e=e||event;e=e.srcElement||e.target;
	if(e.nodeName.match(/a/i) && e.parentNode.parentNode.id == "demo" ) {
      var p = e.parentNode.className; p=p?"":"onHover";
	e.parentNode.className = p
	}}

But I wouldn't reccomend it because its unnecessarily CPU expensive.

:) of course it was from you MR. smart-ass -

You are complaining about the function declaration over the multiple mouse event's, and yet you adapted its pattern and created another version with edited lines, just to say that it's something new.

Well Opera browser is smart enough to execute the function with key events even w/o document object itself, which your IE6 can't do!

That's lame, if IE6 can't handle a small task over assigned events-

both of you are pretty damn slow...

But if you are interested to read also, here is your short scripting strategy that will work 'cross-browserly'.

It is you, and your disfunctional code who's complaining! So,
I corrected your crap to become of some use.
Opera is a hybrid, and to some extend it will support both proprietary models. Meaning, - if some code works on both O and IE, it will most probably fail in mozillas, and vice versa.

As you've already noticed, the only line kept, and not thrown as a total crap, -is, that silly conditional bull you wrote, and that's only because of my standing point: that when something is working, even if it's a totall bull, will need no fixing! Everything else is mine and should not be used without my signiture - especially not my equilizator and moreover not my original syntax class assignement switch.

And I strongly recommend not to use this kind of conditionals if(e.nodeName.match(/a/i) && e.parentNode.parentNode.id == "demo" ) whenever possible, especialy not in extreemly frequent repetitive calls like mouse-overs/outs fixed to global events forcing the browser go through a double-trouble decision making just for taking some silly action or decide not to.

Your silly aproach is nothing new to me - I've written that kind of functions back in 1998 for that matter. And I modified your code for you to be able to understand where were you going wrong.

-What key events?!! -Which function?! - Find me a browser that cannot handle key events. What are you pissing about?

And by the way, there is nothing as fast as Explorer to be seen anywhere around.

What browser? Of course it's that old damn browser of yours.

Wow, 1998 so what am i supposed to do about it? Do :) you need some awards Mr. smart-ass?

If its a crap then why are :) you keep on digging the crap out of it, Mr. Old Ass timer? Things wont change, and you will always be TroyXxX the pain in the ass expert.

How's that? You should be happy now, that i called you an expert. :) we can do this up over a 100's posts and untill the mods find this, and we'll both get banned...

Only a coward, and some of them half-educated far-East gypsies will consider somebody else's patience and politeness, as a weakness.

Mr. essential bullcrap.

And I was being polite and patient to my honour, not yours.

:( Oh, don't cry! :) if i am half educated? What are you then? not educated :)? You are the one who started this, so i'm just giving it back to you! MR. ButtFace;)... (P.A.E) im sure you know what that mean... Just keep it on!!!

hahahaha...
essentiall.bullcrap.stupidity >= infinite
I gave you code instead you are giving essential bull and swares - 'cause that's the only thing you think will work when your code doesn't.

Well guess what, - your swares are cheap and crapy too! But keep it on, your badass atitude might just improove when you least expect it.

I suggest that both of you cool down and drop verbal abuse, even if it is mild

Only a coward, and some of them half-educated far-East gypsies will consider somebody else's patience and politeness, as a weakness.

Mr. essential bullcrap.

And I was being polite and patient to my honour, not yours.

Racism is not welcome on this forum and I'm surprised that Dutch person does such thing.

You are right - but I don't se how somebodys attitude toward politeness and patience of another has anything to do with racial questions. Sorry you feelt that way, but I think that's a pure and acurate observation, nothing more or nothing less. Taking advantage on anothers patience and politeness to my judgement is a greater sin. But I'll keep in mind that vulgarity swears and other offences are wellcome. Or is it just my wrong impression same as yours happens to be?

Take it on the code bases and try to convince other side that your suggestion is better working then the other's side. Instead of calling somebody "half-educated far-East gypsies"

I'm pretty sure I did exactly that - and please don't call me Duch.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.