Thats the same one I told you about. Its the flv-player.net one.

No problems with it.

Thats the same one I told you about. Its the flv-player.net one.

No problems with it.

Could I just confirm that it is totally free even if I have advertisements on my site?

I have just modified my tutorial script and the script is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
	<title>My Blog</title>
	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
	<style type="text/css">
		body {
			font-family: arial,"arial black","sans serif";
			font-size: 12px;
		}
		#container {
			width: 500px;
		}
		.gray {
			background-color: #999;	
		}
		.light-gray {
			background-color: #ccc;
		}
		#container .entry {
			width: 500px;
			margin-top: 10px;
            margin-bottom: 5px;
			border: 1px #333 solid;
		}
		#container .entry .name {
			align:right;
            padding-right:5px;
            padding-left:5px;
            padding-top:5px;
            padding-bottom:0px;
        }
		#container .entry .content {
			align:left;
			padding-right:5px;
            padding-left:5px;
            padding-top:0px;
            padding-bottom:5px;
		}
        #previewbox {
            background-color: #ccc;
            align:left;
			padding:5px;
            width:490px;
            border: 1px #333 solid;
        }
	</style>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function preview() {
        var data=document.getElementById('data').value;
        data=data.replace(/</g,"&lt;").replace(/>/g,"&gt;");
        document.getElementById('previewbox').innerHTML="<b>Preview</b><br>"+data;
        }
    </script>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#F4F4FF">
	<div id="container">
<?php

$str=file_get_contents('data.txt');
$data = array_chunk(explode("\r",trim($str)),2);
$str=strlen($str);
$i = 0;
$colors=array(0=>'gray',1=>'light-gray');
if ($str>4) {
    foreach( $data as $value ) {
        list ($name,$content)=$value;
        echo <<<ENTRY
		<div class="entry {$colors[$i]}">
			<div class="name">{$name}</div>
			<div class="content">{$content}</div>
		</div>
ENTRY;
        $i=(($i==1)?0:1);
        }
    }

if ( isset( $_POST['submit'] ) ) {
	$name = htmlentities( $_POST['name'],ENT_QUOTES );
	$entry = str_replace( array("\r\n","\r","\n"),'<br />',htmlentities( $_POST['data'],ENT_QUOTES ) );
	//can add error handling here, check for duplicate entries
    echo <<<ENTRY
		<div class="entry {$colors[$i]}">
			<div class="name">{$name}</div>
			<div class="content">{$entry}</div>
		</div>
ENTRY;
    if (strlen($entry)>4) {
        file_put_contents( 'data.txt',"\r".$name."\r".$entry,FILE_APPEND );
        }
    }

?>
		<div class="form">
			<form action="index.php" method="post">
                <table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 style="width:497px;">
                    <tr>
                        <td align="left">Entry:</td>
                        <td align="right">Name: <input type="text" name="name" />
                        <input type="button" value="Preview" onclick="javascript:preview();">
                        <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit"></td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                        <td align="left" colspan=2><textarea cols="58" rows="7" style="width:497px;height:125px;" name="data" id="data"></textarea></td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
			</form>
		</div>
        <div id="previewbox" style="padding:5px;"></div>
	</div>
</body>
</html>

Let me know if the above script should have extra changes? Also does the flv player mentioned in post #91 cost anything if I have advertisement in my site as it would make it classed as a commercial site?

Sorry it took so long to respond.

The code looks good. There are still a few inline styles that need to be added the head css.

I am not sure if advertisements makes your site commercial. Personally I don't think it does. I always considered it to be commercial if you sold products, but I am guessing that if your site makes money (no matter how) its commercial.

If you can't find a definite answer just email them and ask.

I am not sure if advertisements makes your site commercial. Personally I don't think it does. I always considered it to be commercial if you sold products, but I am guessing that if your site makes money (no matter how) its commercial.

If you can't find a definite answer just email them and ask.

Well the main question about the license was that are there even two versions of the flv player where one can be bought for commercial use and the other for free without commercial use. That is how most of the flv players work but in this ones licenses I can't find anything disallowing or allowing commercial use. And there seems to only be on version (license wise) available and that is the free edition. So I am rather confused about that unmentioned
section and would you have any knowledge on what the general agreement for commercial use is? Thanks.

Member Avatar for diafol

Saw this on another forum when the same question was asked - don't know if it's relevant or if it is actually true:

The volume of dollars generated doesn't, in and of itself, make the site commercial or otherwise. The fact that it is being used in an attempt to generate revenue for a for-profit enterprise makes it commercial -- whether it is successful or not.

I have just uploaded the latest video tutorial at the below link and what are your comments and how good it is. Also do you agree that the quality needs increasing as I only just noticed.
http://syntax.cwarn23.info/media/new.html

The tutorial seems pretty good so far. The video stops early again at 10 mins. 32 secs so I didn't see it all.

The video quality needs to be improved. It was hard to read some of the text on screen.

Once you fix the quality and length issues I will view it again.

Here is the Video CMS I mentioned I would link.
http://phpmotion.com/

You might want to check it out.

I just downloaded the cms and tried to run it but an error message appears saying the following:

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Temporary module name should contain only filename in /home/****/classes/config.php on line 2
PHP script /home/****/classes/config.php is protected by phpSHIELD and requires the phpSHIELD loader phpshield.5.2.lin. The phpSHIELD loader has not been installed, or is not installed correctly. Please visit the phpSHIELD php encoder site to download required loader.

While I wait I will try some toubleshooting but what is the general solution to this problem as I have just downloaded phpshield.5.2.lin

I managed to fix the error but I need to know the locations ffmpeg, flvtool2 and mencoder. According to the installation diognistic they are installed but I need to know their locations. Their defaults pre-entered are all within /usr/bin/ but I can't see them in there so does anybody know where else those modules may be installed?

Have you fixed the video yet?

I managed to fix the error but I need to know the locations ffmpeg, flvtool2 and mencoder. According to the installation diognistic they are installed but I need to know their locations. Their defaults pre-entered are all within /usr/bin/ but I can't see them in there so does anybody know where else those modules may be installed?

Your web host support should be helpful there.

From the shell, do:

echo $PATH

To see each folder that is searched for commands.

You can then just search each folder like:

ls /usr/bin | grep "ffmpeg\|flvtool2\|mencoder"

or to search all in one go, something like:

echo $PATH | sed s/\:/\ /g | xargs find | grep 'ffmpeg\|flvtool2\|mencoder'

the above takes the system path and searches each directory in there for ffmpeg, flvtool2 and mencoder.

On the shared hosting I use, I got:

/usr/bin/ffmpeg
/bin/flvtool2

Of course, you could have those binaries in a folder not added to the system path, so you'll can either use "find" to search around, or just:

ls | grep 'ffmpeg\|flvtool2\|mencoder'

In folders you think it may be in.

I am trying to upload it into the cms at http://syntax.cwarn23.info/ however I just get a internal server 500 error and another error saying "ERROR: Failed to find flength file". So the cms suggested a few posts ago just isn't working.

[edit]
I just tried the above commands but they did not reviel the locations of those directories. I have also tried browsing the root with a SCP program but still can't find it even though the installation said it was installed. Also as previously mentioned, the progress bar for uploading videos only displays an error.
[/edit]

Looks like I might just embed the videos in my mediawiki cms but I have just uploaded the latest video at http://syntax.cwarn23.info/media/new.html
Took 24 hours to upload and I've improved the quality but haven't checked the entire video for the blank out due to it's size. So if anybody would like to comment on it continue.

Video doesn't play, at least for me :sad:

Played for me but the video has a quality rate of 250kbps and a 6 second buffer. Unfortunately any less quality and the code is grainy. I'm using Opera 10 but does anybody recommend a better wmv2flv converter... Also can anybody else get it to play...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.