Hello Everyone again,

I would like to ask if anyone can give a quite a good knowledge about Web design .I mean, I know html ,css and basic levels of asp.net .

i can create websites but when i see them web world, like this website and big big website, i feel demotivated .What should i do to create these massive website .Anyone here holding a massive website......please teach me ..thanks ..it would be really great

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

how you say, massive web sites like this one or others, requires massive period of time, and this time share by a group of people from different are of expertise that share knowledge to come up with a great and massive sites. what i can tell you right now is, that you are in the right track, if you know html(Read about xhtml also), css and you getting into asp.net. also learn javascript, ajax and xml, and any server side language like asp.net, php, ruby, jsp and so on.

those tools will make you strong to think big and come up with massive web sites.

Thanks a lot mate ,but i got a good understanding about AJAx and other web tools .the main thing is ,i need a group .a good group .then i can think more about the career in this field, alone i think ,what should i make ,how will i do if i get stuck and all .Do u have website

I have an intranet site for a company that i work for, build with asp.net ajax 3.5, c#.. but also i do maintain some joomla sites.

Can you send me some already built codes like for main page with ASP.NET C# using AJAX. i would like to see other peoples style of using web languages..thanks mate .I am not an expert, so wana see, what experts do..

its hard to say, because every business has their own way to do things but anyway every single business has to have some security, in a database i have a table with every single form and its controls and these tables related with users so i can deny or allow any user to certain areas or certain controls into a form. this recursive function its working for me, maybe its not the best approach but im happy with it. it recieve as paramenter a control collection from the form the user is entering, specific id to find in the control collection, the control type and a bool value to determine wether or not allow the access.

public static void SetControls(ControlCollection Controlsa, string id, string type, bool enable)
        {
            foreach (Control cntrl in Controlsa)
            {
                if (cntrl.ID == id)
                {
                    switch (type)
                    {
                        case "LinkButton" :
                            ((LinkButton)cntrl).Enabled = enable;
                            break;
                        case "TextBox" :
                            ((TextBox)cntrl).Enabled = enable;
                            break;
                        case "ImageButton":
                            ((ImageButton)cntrl).Enabled = enable; 
                            break;
                        case "Button":
                            ((Button)cntrl).Enabled = enable;
                            break;
                        case "RadioButton":
                            ((RadioButton)cntrl).Enabled = enable;
                            break;
                        case "DropDownList":
                            ((DropDownList)cntrl).Enabled = enable;
                            break;
                        case "CheckBox":
                            ((CheckBox)cntrl).Enabled = enable;
                            break;
                        case "Panel":
                            ((Panel)cntrl).Visible = enable;
                            break;
                        default : 
                            break;
                    }
                }
                if (cntrl.HasControls())
                {
                    SetControls(cntrl.Controls,id,type,enable);
                }
            }
        }

i put some controls examples. hope that help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.