minimogul 1 Light Poster

I am currently developing a website. The website is centered on the users posting info and then it is stored in a database and results of the database are then put in list form. I know it sounds like every other so called "dynamic" site. I have spent lots of time on my page already but it seems everyday that goes by I encounter too many problems to show any real advancement. My question is are there any tools designed for cutting corners around programming and design. (not dreamweaver i mean like open source barebone site with min or but the essentials like i mentioned befor that might be too much for a beginner)I am just learning to program php and I think that to take a project where users info is going to be at risk from spammers and hackers. I just want a head start with basic things like signup,log in forms, and any really time consuming design. I know it might not be the best idea but starting from zero is way too hard.

I have goggled it so many times its not even funny i have tried Elgg an Mahara but they just don't cut it. (hopefully there will be many opensource solutions)