IT.Coordinator 0 Newbie Poster

does anyone know how to do this.

Hello,

I'm in Need of a Script for InDesign Cs3. I'm not new to programming. I know VB, C++ and Assmbler. I'm rather new to Javascript though, and just don't know all the syntex commands.

I would like a script that applies a Paragraph style to a document in indesign. But I would like the script ot apply this same paragraph style ot each paragraph on the oducment. Is there a way to let the script know to stop at the end of the text window, so that it doesnt make the text of the paragraphs exceed the page's size?

I wrote this script so far, I'm not sure if I need to add to it or make a completely need script all together.

var myDoc = app.documents[0]
var mySel = app.selection[0]
var myHolidayStyle1 = "Holiday"
//var myHolidayStyle2 = "Normal";

mySel.appliedParagraphStyle = myDoc.paragraphStyles.item (myHolidayStyle1);
mySel.paragraphs[-1].insertionPoints[-1].paragraphs[0];

*NOTE* The script works, but only on clicking or hotkeying the script. I would like this to work for the Entire document, does anyone know how to do this?

I'm relatively New to Paragraph Styles too, so I'm hoping that will be simplier to do than to make the script, and maybe that for another prt of the forum, But I' just like to get the script part done. The Paragraph Style would be called "Holiday".

This is an example of what the Paragraph header would look like:

Thursday (present LT std. Black 22pt)

November 11 (Palatino Linotype Bold 10 pt)

Title of article: text goes here, bla bla bla
blablablablabl bla bla bla bla bla bla (Palatino LT std Roman 9 pt)
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla. (end of Paragraph)

(next paragraph)
Title of article: text goes here, bla bla bla
blablablablabl bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla.

repeat

repeat

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really like get a understand of how it should look like in the script, if someone could help me, that be wonderful.

Thank You.