cavpollo 0 Newbie Poster

Hi there,

I'm using asp.net with the ScriptManager control from AJAX and some Javascript code., and came across this weird problem.

The thing is that I have a page in which i placed the script manager and refreshed according to the interval of a timer. Some images are placed inside the ContentTemplate.
The refreshing part works fine, but its the way objects are displayed on the window when reloading that causes me a problem.

The point of using AJAX was to eliminate the flickering that happens when you load images or controls again because my project requires me to reload the same page over and over again. Sadly, the flickering isn't eliminated (at first). The page reloads every time creating that 'flashy' effect. BUT, when I manually refresh the page using F5 (once), for some reason the flickering disappears forever and the page loads fine after that without problems...

I don't know what does exactly F5 triggers in my page so that the script manager starts working correctly, because that's the only thing that is done differently that provokes a change.
I'm willing to try out any suggestion to try to solve this problem.

Tanx in advance...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.