hi,

i was wondering if any you guys knew of a simple way to sync from an access database offline to a mysql online database?

currently my system is running on php/mysql. there is another company who have a system that uses an access database behind it. i can access the columns from their database so i know the columns however what type of file would i need to use to get the info from their database into mine?

the users will use the access database provided by another provider and generate data in it. i need to then on my online system have a way where they can import that data straight into the online system. obviously you could export csv etc however they will not know how to do that on their computer so really need a file or script that they could run which would sync betweeen the two systems?

thanks again for the help.

Perhaps you could use federated tables:

- http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/federated-storage-engine.html

but if the connection goes away you get an empty set from the federated table, that because on each query you get results from remote, in this case you should update a second table so you can retain data locally.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.