macfan 0 Newbie Poster

Whats the correct approach nowadays and why:

1. To upload any needed external libs together with webapp in separate folder and than include them (where needed) using relative path, or,
  2. Reference remote path (usually some form of CDN),

The problem Im facing is I was tasked with writing a webapp: pretty small, simple set of p;ain php files with some functions benchmarking webserver they run at and displaying gathered info in a nice form (styles with scss and css). Sounds simple? Yes, nothing too complicated :)

Or so I thought. I mean, writing it is indeed simple, but the question is: whats more optimal way of doing whats in title and why?

The other problem (and why I mention PhpUnit) is that I want to just use some of the functions included within PHPUnit without the need of writing them by myself. I googled heavily, there are plenty of ways of including phpunit's tests within our project described, but none seems to work. Problem is that I use Visual Studio Code Insiders and I connect (via plugin named Remote SSH to remote server, where all the project files are and work from there. Now: I installed another extension (phpUnit) but within its configuration is setting called path to phpunit: and it has to be local (cannot be remote). When I try entering sth like IP-addr:/path/to/phpunit error pops up saying phpunit cannot be executed remotely. I even installed phpunit on the remote server (the one all the files are), also no running.....

How to make use of PHPUnit in this case?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.