That’s not what the article that rproffitt linked to said.

Also, why can you not test for backwards compatibility in beta builds? AFAIK, it’s rare for there to be breaking changes between the last beta and the GM.

it’s rare for there to be breaking changes between the last beta and the GM.

Indeed.
So I'm playing a gig tonight and I'm depending on iPadOS apps for my lyrics/chord sheets and for the live effects (reverb etc) that are essential to my sound.
No way will I settle for "it's rare" for me to be standing in front of a live audience with my trousers round my feet.

Just one viewpoint, but there are so many users who depend on apps in their daily working life. I believe all of them stand behind the developers who say " hold on... we haven't had a chance to validate our app against that OS release, so we can offer no guarantees about how it may or may not work"

No way will I settle for "it's rare" for me to be standing in front of a live audience with my trousers round my feet.

Well then simply don't upgrade your operating system moments before leaving for your gig. And once you do upgrade your operating system, make sure all of the apps that you need are still working. If they're not compatible, roll back to your prior operating system.

I think that's expected behavior, no? I would never upgrade my operating system the morning I am presenting at a conference, and then not make sure that Powerpoint still works, before hooking up my laptop to present.

I believe all of them stand behind the developers who say " hold on... we haven't had a chance to validate our app against that OS release, so we can offer no guarantees about how it may or may not work"

Absolutely. So I don't see the problem? As an app user, I would hold off upgrading my OS until all of the apps that are critical to me work with the latest OS.

As an IT professional of course I know not to be an early adopter with a production system.

But the man in the street may well have "automatic updates" turned on - in which case he will wake up in the morning with a device full of untested software. Especially when he sees advice like this from Business Insider

It's simply irresponsible behaviour from Apple.

commented: Apple, Fortnite, and others are engaging in a battle over control and dollars. We can't ignore that either. +15

Web design refers to the design of websites that are displayed on the internet. It usually refers to the user experience aspects of website development

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.