Hi there I need your help about a program because I am not quite sure if there's still a need for me to use streaming in this program here it is:

Create a program that will prompt the user to enter how many students she/he wants to enrol. After the user inputs the number of students, the program will ask the user to enter the following:
-student number (max length is 10)
-Firstname
-Middlename
-Surname
-Course
-Year
-no. of units
Then the program will compute for the tuition of each student and the total tuition fee of those students enrolled. To compute for the tuition fee: (no.unitsxamountperunit)+miscellaneous fee (amountperunit is assigned to be 800.00 and miscellaneous is 2000.00)

Requirements of the program:
• Use structure named “TF”(with 3members:units,punits,misc) & “studre” (with 7 members:Sno,Sname,Fname,Mname,course,year,fees) note*** member ” fees” is considered as a field/object of structure “TF”.
• Use iterative structure in dealing with the number of records
• Maximum of 5 and minimum of 1 student per transaction of enrolment
• Use exception handling in errors (if number of enrolment is 0 or negative)
• For student number: only accept 10digit number without any character

Is there still a need for me to use streaming in any part of this program? Or can I just use structures for it? Help me please.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't know what you mean by "streaming". I assume that you mean file streams.
The requirements of your program doesn't state about using file streams. So you can solve the given problem using structures itself.

I don't know what you mean by "streaming". I assume that you mean file streams.
The requirements of your program doesn't state about using file streams. So you can solve the given problem using structures itself.

yup I meant file stream ... sure about it friend? thank you very much then.

You can use structures (which the requirements specifically says so) and it does not tell anything about storing them into files. So you have to get the information of the student, have it in the array of objects and calculate fees etc., display it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.