I am using a textbox as a user visible log on my form1. The following code works as long as it is used only on form1.cs.
lboxLog.Items.Insert(0,"Log this message");
If it is used on any other form I get the following message
The name 'lboxLog' does not exist in the current context.
I have tried to qualify the lboxLog as frm1.lboxLog but get the same message. Suggestions?!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Here is an example of how I do this in one of my applications. I have a "comm" window that talks to network appliances and I log debug output from various facets of the app.

I appreciate everyone's assistance, but I don't know enough to apply your suggestions to my case. Is it NOT possible to fill a combobox text property from a differenc form?

I can't seem to spell today. I am using a listbox as a log not a textbox. Again, is it NOT possible to fill a listbox.text property from a form other than the one the listbox was created?

Seriously.. delete the delete textbox, add a listbox, and change one line of code. Its not that hard.

Here is the attachment since you are having difficulties modifying either set of code examples provided. You're welcome.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.