I have an old BASIC program which I unfortunately no longer have a copy of. I do, however, have the original source code in a research report which I have scanned onto my computer and saved as a text file. I have not had any luck copying the text into either Quick Basic 1.1 or 4.5. Any Ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Just curious: I thought we can actually edit a text file in Quick BASIC?

I have an old BASIC program which I unfortunately no longer have a copy of. I do, however, have the original source code in a research report which I have scanned onto my computer and saved as a text file. I have not had any luck copying the text into either Quick Basic 1.1 or 4.5. Any Ideas?

The file contains programming code which i wish to copy and paste into quick basic.

If you can open the old code in notepad, then copy by highlighting/then right click ->copy, you can paste it into qbasic/quickbasic with the following.

(be sure the line lengths are not over 255 characters, and that
they end in CRLF. Also don't try to do it all at one time if it's more than a few
lines long; remove any control characters if necessary/possible ).

click in the qb program where you want the text.
right click on the Qbasic/QuickBasic in the tray. Go to Edit then paste

Another note: If you are trying to post entire SUBS/FUNCTIONS dont.
Make the sub or function in the normal way through the edit option of QB.
Then past from after SUB subname/FUNCTION functionname up to END SUB/END FUNCTION but not including it.

thank its works :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.