Dear all,

I have a question around the issue of using VB6 to access MS Access databases. Can VB6 be used to open access 2002, retrieve data from and input data into a table?

The following code keeps on giving me the message of "Unrecognised database format" error code 3343.

Dim DBSource As Database
Set DBSource = OpenDatabase("h:\training\names.mdb")

Is the problem with this code, or is it because VB6 can't open an access 2002 database?

Thanks in advance for your help.
JB1

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

problem with code, VB 6 could be opened using Access as well as oracle.

Dear all,

I have a question around the issue of using VB6 to access MS Access databases. Can VB6 be used to open access 2002, retrieve data from and input data into a table?

The following code keeps on giving me the message of "Unrecognised database format" error code 3343.

Dim DBSource As Database

Is the problem with this code, or is it because VB6 can't open an access 2002 database?

JB1

Try taking a look at my ADO Tutorial. It explains how to interact with Access DB's of any persuasion from VB.

Dear,
your solution is quite simple as i have had been through the same problem untill i came to know that Vb6.0 doesnot support MS Access 2002 and its databases.so all that you need to do is convert your MS access files into the previous version and this how you do is just open MS Access file then click on Tools->Database Utilities->Convert Database->To Access 97 Format.
try this it should work for you.

Dear all,

Dim DBSource As Database

JB1

????? ADO supports MS Access 2002 please engage brain before posting please

Hey, You can use access 2k
add the Microsoft ADO Data Control to your form, right click and then click properties.
you then want the last one and then build. make sure your database connects, then close that box
in the ADODC properties you should have a "Record Source Tab"
change that so you have the right table then in the "DataSource" property of your txt/label change that to adodc1, then change your datafield to the one you want to use.
try that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.