Hey,

I have code in my program that, made line by line appear from my text file (Addition.txt), on my label. It basicly drawed questions from the text file. Now i was wondering if you could help me with the next part.
When the question shows, the person is supposed to answer what they think the answer is in a textbox(txtanswer). On that form i also have a "check" button which checks if the answer they entered is correct. And displays a message "correct" or "wrong". Please could you help me with this part. I need the code to check if the entered value is correct and display the "correct" or "wrong" message. I have the answeres on a sperate text file called additionanswers.txt. I need the program to check if the answer entered by the person in the textbox mathes the answer in the text file. How do i do that.

The items are with these names:

frmquestion - thats the form

lblquestion - is the label where the question appears
question text file has the answer in line 1 in the addition text file.)
addtion.txt - file which contains the questions

btncheck - is the check button
btnget - is the button that displays the next question from the file
txtanswer - textbox where ppl type thier answers

additonanswers.txt - contains the answers

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH fo your help. I REALLY APPRICATE IT.

This is my code so far that draws the questions form the textfile:

Imports System.IO
Public Class QuestionA
Dim str(100) As String
Dim qread As StreamReader
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Integer

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnaget.Click
If i < j Then
lblaquestion.Text = str(i)
i = i + 1
Else
MsgBox("No Question")
End If

End Sub

Private Sub Question_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
j = 0
qread = File.OpenText("C:\Documents and Settings\Heena\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\THE QUIZ\THE QUIZ\THE QUIZ\Addition.txt") ' Path of Text FIle
While qread.Peek <> -1
str(j) = qread.ReadLine
j = j + 1

End While

End Sub

Private Sub Label1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lblaquestion.Click

End Sub
End Class

My email is acer_f1@hotmail.com and if you send me a mail or post your email, i can send you the program. I despratly need help. Please help me with the code.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I'll look at this later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.