My company is using a simple spreadsheet to write down things from control surveys. Then the data is beeing saved in a big and useless program. Since the data is beeing saved to a database, I want to view this same spreadsheet in a ASP.NET page, with the textboxes filled in. The spreadsheet is so complex graphicly, so i don't think gridview would be the way to go.

Is there anybody that have done something similar. I've been thinking about make a picturebox of the spreadsheet and then have dynamic labels upon it, but I think there should be smarter ways.

I have atatched the file. The survey is beeing done multiple times on the same area, so i wan't the user to be able to choose which date he want to view. But of course this is done simple in SQL.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I want to view this same spreadsheet in a ASP.NET page, with the textboxes filled in. The spreadsheet is so complex graphicly, so i don't think gridview would be the way to go.

I never actually used ASP.net Excel but I actually did used PHP version (PHPExcel) of it. You can take a look at it here ASP.net Excel:

http://epplus.codeplex.com/

Thanks a lot. This look very promising. But what is the rule with the LGPL license?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.