I'm trying to upgrade my server from Mac 10.4.11 Server, running Apache 1.3; PHP 4.4.9; and mysql 5.0.45 (all pages work fine) to
Mac 10.6 server with the latest (default) Apache, php, and mysql.
Any page with a mysql connection is blank
I can connect to mysql through mysql admin.
php pages without connections work fine.

The first line of code on every page is something like

<?php require_once('Connections/sports.php'); ?>

In the "connections" folder I have sports.php that looks like this

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_sports = "mysite.com";
$database_sports = "sports";
$username_sports = "username";
$password_sports = "password";
$sports = mysql_pconnect($hostname_sports, $username_sports, $password_sports) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR); 
?>

I'm not sure if something has changed, and this code is no longer valid, my php and mysql are not talking, or some other problem.
I'll also add I've setup Snow Leopard client machines with no problems (other than time zone issues).
I would appreciate any help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Your php configuration probably has error_reporting set to 0, set it to 30719 and you'll start seeing errors instead of white screens

I do get an error in my logs
[Thu Sep 03 15:44:50 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: mysql_pconnect(): [2002] Can't assign requested address (trying to connect via tcp://127.0.0.1:0) in /mysite/Connections/sports.php on line 9

Line 9 >

$sports = mysql_pconnect($hostname_sports, $username_sports, $password_sports) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

Thank You for your help! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.