If anybody could let me know how to create a bullet in an xml file using php. This piece of knowledge will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi rahejapreeti and welcome to DaniWeb :)

By a bullet, do you mean an ordered list? Do you know how to do that in XML (without php)? If so, let me point you in the direction of the Simple XML documentation. Simple XML provides an easy-to-use XML manipulation for PHP.

Hope this helps,
darkagn :)

Thats correct, i need an ordered list only, prefixed by a bullet. yes, we can manually put a code (•) for bullet in an xml file but through php if i append the code as string with the node, it gets converted to (•) in the generated xml file and in the browser appears as (•) instead of a bullet. i am using DOMDocument class to generate XML . could you tell me how to delete this (amp;) from the code (•) in the newly generated xml file , may be by using simpleXML.

Thanks and Regards

Hi rahejapreeti and welcome to DaniWeb :)

By a bullet, do you mean an ordered list? Do you know how to do that in XML (without php)? If so, let me point you in the direction of the Simple XML documentation. Simple XML provides an easy-to-use XML manipulation for PHP.

Hope this helps,
darkagn :)

Hey Everyone !

Found the solution for the problem.... firstly i stored the xml string generated using domobject->saveXML() to a variable say $str. used str_replace('amp;', '',$str) and stored the resulting string in a new variable say $newstr. And then used that string to write a file using the following code:

$result_xml = '../data/mainmenu.xml';
if(!file_exists($result_xml))
system("touch ".$result_xml);
$xmlfile_xml = fopen($result_xml,"w");
fwrite($xmlfile_xml,$newstr);
fclose($xmlfile_xml);

And the problem got solved.

Thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.