Hello
I m a civil engineer. I want to develop a site for civil engineering. But have no time for detailed level of php. Can anybody give the basic/ most important list of php function. I would be better if the list contain with examples.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I know that about php.net. But I need most used functions

Your initial statement / request is almost as unrealistic as:
"I am a PHP programmer. I need to build a bridge. I don't have the time to learn all about civil engineering. Just tell me the most common design approaches for building a bridge so I can get on with it."

There is no list because it depends on what you are doing. If you have programming experience in another language, then you may know conceptually how to accomplish what you need to do but you still need to turn that into working PHP. If you don't have much programming experience, then you can't take a PHP cookbook, put together a program and expect that it will work (or that you will know enough to be able to debug it).

If you need to put together a site, I strongly suggest that you use a Content Management System rather than build it from scratch. Even if you are experienced in PHP, HTML, CSS and Javascript, it makes no sense to do it from scratch unless you have a requirement that can't be satisfied with a CMS.

Your initial statement / request is almost as unrealistic as:
"I am a PHP programmer. I need to build a bridge. I don't have the time to learn all about civil engineering. Just tell me the most common design approaches for building a bridge so I can get on with it."

Nail on head. If you don't know it and you want to use it but you don't wan't to learn it, then you can't do it. I will suggest that you hire someone with time to do it and you pay him/her for that time.

Sorry but that person can't be me, I have no time ;)

Thank you all for giving me suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.