jakesee 0 Junior Poster

Hi,

I am trying out a template architecture for php websites.

What I am doing now is there is a .php file for processing "display" data and one or more .tpl template to do the layout and formatting.

The interface between the .php and the .tpl is of course the variable names for which the data is stored, and that both files types have to agree on. Specifically, for a template designer, he will only need to know read the doc to know what variables are available in each .tpl he is going to design.

However, it comes to the point that some web pages will have to display forms. forms need to have input names which will have to match those processed in .php.

My question is whether we also rely on the designer to provide the correct input names for our .php scripts? I find this reliance on the designers disturbing, violating separation of concerns principle and puts unwanted burden on the designer.

Is there is way to get around this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.