I been desperately looking for a good simple complete tutorial on how to parse CSV with php...and not just stupid example on the php.net that is everywhere. I m very new to CSV, what i need is to be able to search through the csv file (prolly fgetcsv()), i have a addresses csv file which contains city, country etc....i want to only select the rows that contain a specific city (column) and want to display that row and all rows matching the city....should be simple

thanks much appreciate the help....

I been desperately looking for a good simple complete tutorial on how to parse CSV with php...and not just stupid example on the php.net that is everywhere. I m very new to CSV, what i need is to be able to search through the csv file (prolly fgetcsv()), i have a addresses csv file which contains city, country etc....i want to only select the rows that contain a specific city (column) and want to display that row and all rows matching the city....should be simple

thanks much appreciate the help....

back in 2005 you could do nothing really.
right now (2009) you could use a PEAR Package.
that lets you grab a specific row, column or cell!
http://pear.php.net/package/File_CSV_DataSource

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.