Hi,

A few years back had the pleasure of meeting Dani himself in a get together focused on game development which unfortunately didn't succeed due to lack of members. I love how organized daniweb is so I want to see what I can get out of it. I was using webdesignerforums but feel theres not much traffic on there. My background is I have a degree in graphic design. I mostly study and practice 3d character art/environment art as well as creation through zbrush, 3dsmax, keyshot, topogun, and photoshop. I work fulltime as a webdesigner/developer/IT for a company. I create websites but trying to break the "lets use this template" attitude. I can code html and css. I need to learn php though and I am interested in creating my own wordpress and bootstrap themes. I am also interested in merging 3d and web together to form a new breed of web design that doesn't look like this site or that site. I feel the direction of webdesign in todays era seems less creative in my opinion. I know things are more simplified to allow easy mobile conversion so its understandable.

I like to play video games when I'm not grinding my teeth, watch netflix, or read a web designer magazine pdf on my tablet. I love to help others as well. I am usually in zbrush hangouts sculpting away when I have no client work and having a blast. I hope to make some friends and help out whereever I can. I guess thats all I can think of for now.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

A few years back had the pleasure of meeting Dani himself in a get together focused on game development which unfortunately didn't succeed due to lack of members.

Umm ... are you sure? I'm a girl :)

That being said, I do think I know what game development get together you are referring to and you're probably confusing me with Kerry Webber, my friend/coworker who I was there with.

Welcome to DaniWeb Gary!

Ah yes Kerry Webber! Sorry was a while ago feel a bit embarassed.. Thanks for the welcome. I was there with Jason Reis in long island and Steve and Nick Pellechio if that helps we went to the cheesecake factory.

Hello and welcome!

Thanks good to be here!

Yup, I remember :) DaniWeb hosts a monthly meetup group twice a month, and some of the regulars who met at the DaniWeb meetup group and are into game dev decided to team up and create their own meetup. Even though I'm not a gamer and not into game development, I went to show my support for a DaniWeb-brewed meetup group. Nothing ever came of it after that first meetup at the Cheesecake Factory, however.

Yeah it would be nice if it worked out. We could always start a daniweb googlehangout and share our ideas and have discussions still.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.