I started havinig an odd problem with Chrome a couple of weeks ago. Today I tried to resolve it by uninstalling and re-installing Chrome but the problem persists. The window display frequently (as in every minute or so) refreshes, then displays two overlapping images. Please see the attached shot. If I unmax, then remax the window, or toggle fullscreen (F11) the problem goes away for a minute or two. Has anyone else come across this problem? The problem is most obvious in the title bar.

c35e3b75570b44aef0d4c1133738deab

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Could this be an issue with the video component(s) on your system, driver maybe? Anything you can recall that happened two weeks ago.. such as a driver update via Automatic updates. Does this happen to any other app?

What happens if you try Firefox instead of Chrome?

Sounds like a Chrome issue. What is the version of Chrome you are using, and if it is the latest, what happens if you revert to an earlier version? If the problem goes away then, you need to report this to the Google Chrome forums as a bug.

I use Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m on 64-bit Windows 8.1 and don't have that issue. Your screenshot looks like you have two instances of Chrome, one on top of the other. Check Task Manager and see if that's the case.

Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m on 32 bit Windows 7 Pro. And this happened with the previous version of Chrome as well. It's just happening more frequently now. I reported it to Google but who can say if I will ever hear anything.

@AD - It's not two instances running.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.