Duhhh we have a new look :P (Hard not to notice hehe)
It's 5am as I'm writing this and I haven't slept yet, so I'm going to try and make this brief.

tell me whatcha all think (comments, questions, opinions, etc) - trying to make some changes to the board, I ended up having to redo half of the database by hand (for the past two hours). Needless to say, NOT FUN! But all should be good now.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

After being up all night ...

Not only do we have a new look, but the entire site is condensed. There are now fewer topics, which should make it easier to decide where to post. Let me know ...

btw ...

THANK YOU INSCISSOR FOR OUR NEW LOGO!! ;D

Everything looks great... i love the new slogan, "Where cool techies unite."

Dani - GET SOME SLEEP! (lol)

AWESOME redo! nicely done - i REALLY like the color combo and that logo is VERY cool (nice job inscissors)!!! 8) hey, and is it just my cable modem, or does the site actually download faster now?! oh, but i did notice that the section (links) that was originally dedicated to me went away! >:( sorry i cant be around more but i definitely had to pop in to send off some well deserved kudos! :)

ok, either i need another new pair of glasses or you added the links section back in between around 10pm yesterday (07/29/02) and when i made my post - or maybe both! nice to see the links sections in there, but then what did sections did you lobe off? ???

Sunday night I pulled an all-nighter (I didn't sleep *at all*) and I redid all of the categories. For example, in the tech support section I used to have Windows98, Windows 2k, WinXP, etc etc ... I condensed them all into just "Windows" ... in the programming section I combined the UNIX, perl, and shell script categories.

No posts have been lost ... I just condensed. I never got rid of the links categories? What probably happened was you just caught the site in the middle of the upgrade when everything was still all screwed around.

Hmm ... in answer to whether the site downloads faster now ... a lot of the lil images/logos were replaced by text links. Plus, Although the forum body is still nested within tables, their structures are a lot simpler than what I had before (with the left aligning and grey right hand side and all that). Dan's logo is ~30K though, but once your browser loads it on the index it's cached from there on in

Thanks. Glad you guys liked the look. The layout still needs a tad more work. Dani and I will get together sometime to update it. Oh, and about the quote "Where cool techies unite," somehow I came up with that right away. I did a search for it on Google but couldn't find a match, so I went with it. It's super schweet. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.