We should let the poll results build up and see if over time they change. Thank you every body for your input.

Back to the table............ dani web should have only made pionts up with the treads not down.....

Why?

Why? We can downvote people who dont explain things properley (e.g your USB Keyboard/Mouse thread - using ....... after every word makes it very very very hard to read!)

Well, if this http://www.daniweb.com/forums/ is here to help people! why would you bad mounth someone for asking a questions. but who cares right..... how would you feel if it was your first time in and you post your first thread and some says to you thats to easy go somewhere else, or starts removing pionts from your forums... I would think to myself "See you later..... Feel like a SH@&# and never come back" Did daniweb.com/forums help someone?

>why would you bad mounth someone for asking a questions.
Can you be any more melodramatic, Mr. Drama Queen? As much as goody goodies like you want the world to run on sunshine and fairy dust, negative reinforcement is the quickest way to alter undesirable behavior. Compare and contrast:

Exhibit 1: "I posted my homework problem for someone else to do and went away for an hour to watch TV. But nobody has answered. I guess they didn't see it. Hey, I'll just do it again and again until they do notice."

Exhibit 2: "I posted my homework problem for someone else to do and went away for an hour to watch TV. Now my post has twenty down votes. I guess I shouldn't have done that. Maybe I should read the rules and learn more about how to post on this forum."

Exhibit 3: "I posted my homework problem for someone else to do and went away for an hour to watch TV. Now my post has twenty down votes. These losers won't help me cheat. I'm outta here."

Personally, I prefer the result in exhibit 2, but running leeches off before they suck us dry as in exhibit 3 isn't a bad deal either. As much fun as verbal abuse is, down votes and negative rep help us achieve the same goal without it.

Well Narue the posters in your examples deserve a lot more than simple down votes! The deserve to be flamed, royally. But I don't think (I hope) those are the kind of threads they are talking about here.

good question let me send you to a tutorial....... wait is that braking the rules........

commented: Was this post supposed to make any sense? +0
commented: speak english. dont use ....... all the time +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.