Hi,

Didn't know which section to write this in. :(

I would like to know how could I delete two of my threads, since they show up on google search and I don't want them to.

Of course editing would be an option, but lately edit post button only shows on some of my threads.

Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

Hi,

Didn't know which section to write this in. :(

I would like to know how could I delete two of my threads, since they show up on google search and I don't want them to.

Of course editing would be an option, but lately edit post button only shows on some of my threads.

Thank you in advance.

Hmm, I'm curious why you don't want them to show up.

Because when searching for my domain at the bottom of first page in google search results, thread where I'm asking for help with my web page shows up.

You cannot delete them, or indeed edit them. We only delete messages that break the rules here on DaniWeb.

How could I resolve this problem? Could you edit the part I don't want ?

If the part you don't want is not breaking the rules then the short answer is no, I am afraid. What are the postings in question, and what are the parts you are concerned about? There is a good reason for not deleting/editing postings, and that is they form part of the greater support database that is at the heart of the DaniWeb community. Once a problem has been sorted for the original poster it does not die, but rather remains a living thing which can then go on and help others who might have a similar problem. Hence the showing up in Google searches, which helps bring those folk in need of similar help to that specific thread.

I understand,

But first of all, I've got no replies to that thread, so the problem isn't solved.
I'm concerned about the parts where my domain address is written.

Post the links to the thread so we can have a look

And which part should be "censored", only the URLs?

Yes, last two code parts

Thank you very much !

Oh god, now you've posted them again... A yes or no would have been better :icon_wink:
Quickly edit your post above this one. You have 30 minutes...

I understand :)

I'm actually not even sure why I did that :D

You're such a sweetheart Nick.

I've been called a lot of things in my 4 years as a DW-member. Sweetheart is not one of them. So thanks... I guess.. :icon_wink:

I should have used the sarcasm tags. :idea:

commented: LOL? :) +0

URLS changed to "example.com" to be generic and still preserve the question.

commented: Helped me with a topic editing (outside of forums options) :) +0

Thank you again. I will know better next time ! ;)

I'm marking this thread as solved .

Oh god, now you've posted them again... A yes or no would have been better :icon_wink:
Quickly edit your post above this one. You have 30 minutes...

good lord, did he really? :icon_rolleyes:

what a maroon.</bugsbunny>

and now to hope the original hasn't been archived somewhere and picked up by search engine "history" functions ;)

I have had the same issue... The dani web post is appearing as a higher rank in google then the website. Can someone pleeeeeease delete the html and css from the code from my posts.. and the images? You can leave the questions etc.

The thread is here -> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread294173.html

In the previous example one of our volunteer mods was kind enough to go through the code and change the URLs that were causing the problem to a generic example.com instead. However, that is different to deleting all the html/css from your code and deleting the images.

In any case, editing the code to remove links is, as I say, something that a friendly moderator might volunteer to do but it's entirely at their discretion in cases such as this.

Can you suggest any friendly moderators that I might be able to ask?

Fairly sure that if any moderators were feeling that friendly they'd approach you and not the other way around :twisted:

Considering how many other things they have to do on an average day (on a volunteer basis I might add) I wouldn't try to rush it :)

I have had the same issue... The dani web post is appearing as a higher rank in google then the website. Can someone pleeeeeease delete the html and css from the code from my posts.. and the images? You can leave the questions etc.

The thread is here -> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread294173.html

Done, removed images and coding.

For the future please do us favour and do not post your contractor work as it will not be deleted again and your incompetence will be on show for all.

Can assigned mod/admin close this thread (outside of my jurisdiction)?

PLEASE NOTE: DaniWeb WILL NOT delete code upon request

In this case it was only deleted thanks to a misunderstanding between myself and the moderator. No precedent has been set, so do not bother asking for your code to be deleted and quote this case as an example.

Thank you

Davey
Community Admin

PLEASE NOTE: DaniWeb WILL NOT delete code upon request

Aww... and I was going to demand that someone go and manually search through all of my posts for any and all references to any and all URLs and have them changed/removed :icon_twisted: Oh and I was going to be impatient about it and act like it was someone else's responsibility that I had posted the URLs on a publicly accessible (and Google-able) site in the first place.

So just to make sure, I can't do this now? :icon_cry:

((As a note, not referring to the Original Poster here))

I am very thankful to the helpful mods that helped me out!!!

Lesson learned, and it won't happen again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.