Weird question? :D I wanted to know who are daniweb administrators/moderators? Are they just watching posts and correcting(delete, modify etc) them or they are employees of daniweb? And please do reply :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

The founder, Dani is cscgal. She is very active on this site. There are various other administrators and moderators that interact with the various forums.

The founder, Dani is cscgal. She is very active on this site. There are various other administrators and moderators that interact with the various forums.

So they are not employees?

Hi :) I'm Dani. I'm the founder, admin, and also I code the site.
James (aka deceptikon) is a co-admin who also helps code.
Davey (aka happygeek) is a co-admin who writes our monthly newsletter and maintains our editorial section.
Sanjay (aka ~s.o.s~) is a co-admin who leads up the moderation team.

Then there are a handful of moderators who help answer questions, remove spam and bad posts, and interact with the members.

Hi Dani,
Still I have few questions. All admins, moderators, team colleages are employees or some of them just contribute their time to site. And if they are employees how do you work together? at one place?
Have anybody asked this kind of questions? :)

Back in the old forum there used to be a list of admins and mods

Also Can I ask if you know what happened to Narue?

All admins, moderators, team colleages are employees or some of them just contribute their time to site. And if they are employees how do you work together? at one place?

Any compensation is between the individual and Dani, but to the best of my knowledge the team is mostly composed of volunteers. And only Dani and Kerry work from the Daniweb office. The rest of us are in our respective homes and home lands. We communicate through the forum, private messages, email, and in some cases (such as Dani and I discussing more extensive coding tasks) we speak on the telephone. Daniweb also has events every now and then in New York, for those who are able to travel there and participate, but that's open to anyone and not just team members.

Also Can I ask if you know what happened to Narue?

Narue has decided to retire her account on Daniweb. Sanjay and I will be picking up the slack as the two new admins.

commented: Perfect answer :) +0

Narue has decided to retire her account on Daniweb

Again! She does that every now and then.

Will you be assigning a Super-Mod to taked Sanjay's place?

No, because in the new system, all moderators have access to all forums (mods aren't limited to certain forums), effectively making all moderators super moderators. And now we have four active admins, although Julienne will be missed.

All admins, moderators, team colleages are employees or some of them just contribute their time to site

All moderators are voluntary contributors (not employees) to this forum who help out Daniweb with answering questions and forum maintenance in their free time. Except for me, all other co-admins are Daniweb employees (namely Davey & James).

Thanks James and Sanjay.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.