I'd like to respond to a poster, but i get a red warning about a code snippet being not correctly formatted. There is no code in my post, just some log references and a URL.
This site... it's getting beyond me... i do not follow the reason for the parroting of my work as I type.... I haven't a clue about whitespace-sensitive text....what is whitespace? Paste does not appear as an option, only Ctrl-V...
I click on the parrot text, it disappears, I click in the typed section, the parrot reappears.. what is going on? I only have so much patience with stuff like this.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I'd like to respond to a poster, but i get a red warning about a code snippet being not correctly formatted. There is no code in my post, just some log references and a URL.

I think that's due to a perceived indentation, which is matched as a false positive for code. Since it's problematic to post or send the message as a PM, would you be kind enough to email it to Dani for troubleshooting? I don't yet have a daniweb email address, so she'll have to forward it to me: dani [at] daniwebmail.com.

With a solid test case, we can more effectively troubleshoot the problem.

This site... it's getting beyond me... i do not follow the reason for the parroting of my work as I type.... I haven't a clue about whitespace-sensitive text....what is whitespace? Paste does not appear as an option, only Ctrl-V...
I click on the parrot text, it disappears, I click in the typed section, the parrot reappears.. what is going on? I only have so much patience with stuff like this.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Parrot?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Parrot?

Yes, because a parrot repeats whatever you say.

"I do not follow the reason for the parroting of my work as I type" => "I do not follow the reason for the live preview repeating the editor as I type"

Ooooh. I totally didn't make the connection with the live preview, now it makes more sense. :/

Mmm... now that I know what it is for [the parrot] I am not so bothered by it. I was just confused by it's actions... eg. having to Copy that if I wished to edit in Notepad, and not being able to Copy my direct input.
I have PM'd the offending post to Deceptikon for review re code snippet detection.
My lil rant... I don't so much mind stuff breaking if I can work on it, perhaps fix it. Software I cannot, so that irritates me.
Cheers.

What do you mean you have to copy the preview and not the editor? Can't you just highlight with the mouse and hit Ctrl+C, or right click and select Copy?

That's a related article??
Mmm, cscgal, I cannot copy what i have typed in direct entry section. Using Opera V12 here, as you would know... if I highlight any direct entry section and rclick, Opera presents me with the same options as if I had rclicked in a blank space ( page operations), no Copy, Paste or Cut. Ctrl-C, V, A etc do work. Look, I'm just whingeing... I just must become used to using the keyboard actions here, is all. Those rclick things used to work, I need to adjust. Easily done. I got caught often with the bracket, too, but you seem to have fixed that.

Oh I see, gerbil. That's odd, I didn't even realize that. I don't use opera but I recently reinstalled it to bug test.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.