On a longer discussion the 21st post went to page 2. Yet I could not navigate to the 2nd page or get to the 21st post. Making another post fixed it but still it's something. Not an end of the world type bug. Hope you can replicate it.

First encountered it at https://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/networking/threads/501690/cannot-connect-laptop-to-internet-via-dsl

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

I'm sorry, I cannot reproduce this. Next time, please let me know when the problem still exists, before making another post.

Tried it here. Could not replicate it. Odd. Thought it might.

Sorry, I'm not able to reproduce your problem. :(

Must be something other than 21st post. No biggy as I only saw it once then thought "Hmm, I wonder if I add another reply if it will reveal."
Before I tried that I pulled up the thread on Chrome too and on another PC.

As bugs go, it's not a big deal if it's that hard to repro. Thanks for checking anyway.

I have just bumped into this bug, I believe. I just posted in the "Trump" thread. After I posted, I was brought back to the first page. I see options to click on page 1, 2, or 3. I hit 3 and I get sent back to page 1. I hit 2 and I scroll down to the bottom. At the bottom, I see the last post BEFORE my post. I again try to navigate to page 3 and get sent to page 1. I assume that my new post is the first post on page 3, but I cannot get to it, I keep getting sent to page 1. I look at the "Trump" thread and it says it has 39 posts. I imagine post 40 is my post and would be the top of page 3. Again, there is a "3" available to click on, but it does not take you to page 3.

@Assertnull,

My mistake was to post again and the post that showed it go away. It must be rare or we'd see it, be able to duplicate.

At least it seems non fatal and rare.

I tried to take a few screenshots, to no avail. Not sure why that didn't work, seems simple enough. Not sure the screenshots would have added anything to my explanation anyway.

I didn't reply to the Trump thread after seeing the bug, but someone else did, and that person quoted my post, so clearly they could see my post even if I could not. As with you, the Trump thread now looks the way it should. My post is on the top of page 3, and visible.

The rare bugs are the hardest ones to fix, aren't they, precisely BECAUSE they are hard to duplicate. It's like when your car makes a weird noise, then when you get it to the mechanic, the noise stops.

@AssertNull,
Thanks for this anyway. It's worse than the car since there are more moving parts than just Daniweb's code. Thanks for reporting it since I don't want to be known as the only one that's seen it.

Soooo, as many of you know, I've been MIA these past few months recoding all of DaniWeb from the ground up!! We're finally just about ready to launch, so expect all new code soon ...

commented: Yay! +0

My guess is the new code base fixed this problem?

commented: Since it happened twice I consider it a rare as the Kyogre. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.