Here's a Q.

I had an awkward experience couple of days back.
I PM-d Dani asking her to delete a certain thread that I started (hope you're reading this, Dani). She replied me saying that she forwarded it to happygeek, for he is the one to talk to, because the thread is in this forum (I think that was the reason....memory access error...memory could not be read....:confused: ).

So, does every forum have designated mod/admin?

How is the hierarchy organized here?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

So, does every forum have designated mod/admin?

Yep, they sure do. However, most mods have several forums. For example, I have all of the Tech Talk forums.

Here's a list.

How is the hierarchy organized here?

Owner (Dani) > Admin (Davey) >Supermod (alcs, DMR, etc) > Mod (me ;)) > team colleague/paying member> you

Thanks for the info.

I guess it's the story of my life. Always at the end of the line.

Thanks for the info.

When we're clearing the swamp, I for one want someone else's butt between me and the alligators...

Oops, did I just type that out loud? :eek:

Oops, did I just type that out loud? :eek:

Yes, you did.

Just wanted to quote two things:

With great powers comes great responsibility

The grass is always greener on the other side

Regards,
~s.o.s~

'Stein pretty much had the hierarchy down pat.

As site owner, I deal with behind-the-scenes issues, coding the website, making fundamental changes, and doing all of the marketing and business stuff.

As site administrator, Davey is community leader and deals with everything dealing with how the community interacts, and takes care of member-specific issues that arise. He also runs our competitions, is our lead staff writer, and moderates our blogs.

The super moderators act as the forum police and oversee everything, making sure everything is running smoothly.

And moderators get assigned to specific forums or forum categories which they specialize in, giving their specific forum TLC and helping to answer questions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.