Money comes from lobbyists and interest groups.

The US dollar comes, in part, from North Korean printing presses.

i know that you guys are only joking on this but is this possible in reality?

if one government can print the money of another country then they can legally steal the goods and services produced inside that country.

for instance what is stopping them from printing 1000 000 000 USD and buying up all the wheat produced in the US or all the oil in the OPEC since oil is traded in US currency?

because then inflation will go mad. Thats what lead to hyperinflation in germany, which contribited to the wall street crash and the rise of naziism

because then inflation will go mad. Thats what lead to hyperinflation in germany, which contribited to the wall street crash and the rise of naziism

The hyperinflation in Germany was caused by the accumulated cost (mostly debt) of WW1, and the huge reparations they had to pay when they lost. Let's hope the war on terrorism (WOT) goes better for the USA.

i know that you guys are only joking on this but is this possible in reality?

if one government can print the money of another country then they can legally steal the goods and services produced inside that country.

for instance what is stopping them from printing 1000 000 000 USD and buying up all the wheat produced in the US or all the oil in the OPEC since oil is traded in US currency?

Well, there are such things as serial numbers that trading banks and treasuries keep track off. Besides, most of those trades are done electronically, and not with a suitcase full of Dollar bills (fake or real)!

Also, our currency might look easy to reproduce, but it isn't. If you want good stories about that, don't look to the Secret Service (they are much too hush-hush), look @ FinCen. Also, for instance, the ink that changes color from one direction to another -- USA has global rights on green to black. right after we used that in the $100 bill, N Korea gets green to magenta (dark magenta, the closest to black)... because, of course, EVERYONE wants to copy a North Korean banknote!

>>serial numbers...done electronically.

yes i see that. the fact that most high amounts of money transactions is done electronically makes it difficult. But even so someone might try his hand. still i see that on a larger scale it would have a smaller effect.

>>because inflation will go mad.
you know that and i know that and "korea" knows that but i am sure that our "korea" would bnot care. that is precisely why i asked this question. thieving governments stealing from the citizens of another country

>>not easy to produce...green to black
true but if a government tries its hand at it then it would be relatively easy. they would then not allow in the "money inspectors". and the copyright would make no difference. if they want to produce fake money to begin with they would care little about green to black or any other colour combination in the world.

The USA makes new Dollar bills at such a giant rate that a few billion from NK would just be a drop in the bucket. Yes they are thiefs, more like stealing a candy bar from a large store.

Most money is made on the markets, like the stock market.

>> From were Money Comes???
Many people think it comes off a money tree. And the plastic cards everyone in USA seems to have today have made paper money less useful. I assume many other countries such as UK also has simpliar experience with plastic.

Actually, it is a river and the wealthiest have large net to capture money - the less wealthy are farther from shore. All economic struggle is to get your basket into the river so you can get some for yourself.

http://www.mises.org/rothbard/rothmoney.pdf

Interesting link. In my looking around about him I ran into a couple of interesting items that would cause one to pause:

During the late 1950's, Rothbard was briefly an intimate of Ayn Rand and Nathaniel Branden, whom he would later criticize strongly. In the late 1960's, Rothbard advocated an alliance with the New Left anti-war movement, on the grounds that the conservative movement had been completely subsumed by the statist establishment.

then later

In 1989, Rothbard left the Libertarian Party and began building bridges to the post-Cold War right. He was the founding president of the conservative-libertarian John Randolph Club and supported the presidential campaign of Pat Buchanan in 1992. However, prior to his death, Rothbard had become disillusioned with the Buchanan movement.

Now there is an interesting example of swinging in the wind.

I don't think I am going to get all the way through your link in time to add anything about it to this discussion but thanks - I had never heard of him before.

The USA makes new Dollar bills at such a giant rate that a few billion from NK would just be a drop in the bucket. Yes they are thiefs, more like stealing a candy bar from a large store.

Most money is made on the markets, like the stock market.

Not really true. The amount and quality of the N Korean counterfeiting could actually destabilize world economy. And it is the counterfeiting that supports NK military growth cycles. NK does not have a currency that anyone else in the world will accept so it has to make fake US currency to buy all the missile parts.

I suppose that is only part of the equation and doesn't explain the day-to-day fluxuation in the world money market. Like many other things the value of one country's currency is what other countries are willing to pay for it on the various stock exchanges around the world.

Some of the fluctuation in value of currency has to do with the currency traders who swoop in when they think they see a struggling currency. At millions of (units of currency) a difference of fractions of a penny can mean a huge profit and the traders can crash the entire economy - this is believed to be what happened to the Asian currency crash in the 90s (I forget the particular country). These guys are vultures; the destruction of entire economies and the destitution of the population is of no consequence in face of profit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.