i tried the chilli it is yummmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

My favorite Ice Cream recipes, identical instruction, just different ingredients.
Mint Chip
3 cups half-and-half
1 cup heavy cream
8 large egg yolks
9 ounces sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint oil
3 ounces chocolate-mint candies, coarsely chopped

Place the half-and-half and the heavy cream into a medium saucepan, over medium heat. Bring the mixture just to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and remove from the heat.

In a medium mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the sugar and whisk to combine. Temper the cream mixture into the eggs and sugar by gradually adding small amounts, until about 1/3 of the cream mixture has been added. Pour in the remainder and return the entire mixture to the saucepan and place over low heat. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon and reaches 170 to 175 degrees F. Pour the mixture into a container and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the peppermint oil and stir to combine. Place the mixture into the refrigerator and once it is cool enough not to form condensation on the lid, cover and store for 4 to 8 hours or until it reaches 40 degrees F or below.

Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker; add the chopped candies and process according to the manufacturers directions. This should take approximately 25 to 35 minutes. Serve as is for soft serve or freeze for another 3 to 4 hours to allow the ice cream to harden.

Chocolate

1 1/2 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder, approximately 1/2 cup
3 cups half-and-half
1 cup heavy cream
8 large egg yolks
9 ounces sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Place the cocoa powder along with 1 cup of the half-and-half into a medium saucepan over medium heat and whisk to combine. Add the remaining half-and-half and the heavy cream. Bring the mixture just to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and remove from the heat.

In a medium mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the sugar and whisk to combine. Temper the cream mixture into the eggs and sugar by gradually adding small amounts, until about 1/3 of the cream mixture has been added. Pour in the remainder and return the entire mixture to the saucepan and place over low heat. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon and reaches 170 to 175 degrees F. Pour the mixture into a container and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract. Place the mixture into the refrigerator and once it is cool enough not to form condensation on the lid, cover and store for 4 to 8 hours or until the temperature reaches 40 degrees F or below.

Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions. This should take approximately 25 to 35 minutes. Serve as is for soft serve or freeze for another 3 to 4 hours to allow the ice cream to harden.

Carrot and Parsley Salad

3 1/2 cups grated carrots
1 bunch of Parsley finely chopped (about 2 cups)
1 garlic clove minced or pressed
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste

combine the carrots, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper in a serving bowl and toss well. Can be refrigerated up to 4 days.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

@ Jasimp

Thanks for that Salad instructions it tastes yummy...

Here's a recipe for bananas foster I've picked up over the years

¼ cup (½ stick) butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup banana liqueur
4 bananas, cut in half
lengthwise, then halved
¼ cup dark rum
4 scoops vanilla ice cream

Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a pan or skillet. Place the pan over low heat on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan. When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum. Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the pan slightly to ignite the rum. When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each portion of ice cream. Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.

And a nice Sangria, absolutely great for the summer

1 Apple
1 Orange
1 Bottle rioja (or any dry red wine, but rioja works the best)
1-2 cups brandy (depending on how strong you want it)
1/2 cup triple sec
1 cup ginger ale
1 shot Absolut Rasberi (totally optional, but it gives a nice kick)

Dice up the fruit into small pieces. Pour the wine into a pitcher, followed by the brandy, triple sec, and ginger ale. Stir for a bit while adding the fruit. Finally, add the shot, and then stir some more. Finally, let the pitcher chill for an hour or so and you'll be all set

This is another Alton Brown recipe, best chicken salad I have ever had.

Ingredients:

For the Chicken:

1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups of buttermilk
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/4 cups of canola oil
2 cups of all purpose flower

For the salad:

2 hearts of romaine lettuce
1 red pepper cored, seeded, sliced thin
1/2 red onion sliced thin

For the dressing

5 tablespoons of honey
3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)

Cut chicken into strips and put it into a zip lock bag. Add spice mixture (no salt) and then the buttermilk. Close bag and make sure there is as little air as possible and that the chicken is completely covered. Refrigerate 24 hours.
Place honey, mustard, vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine, set aside.

Place lettuce, red pepper, onion in large mixing bowl, set aside

In a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat warm the oil to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 Celsius) Put salt into bag of chicken and shake to combine. Dredge chicken in flour and using tongs place chicken in oil and cook until internal temperate reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 Celsius), turning only once. I basically cook until golden brown. Remove chicken to a cooling rack. When it has cooled cut into bite sized pieces and add to salad. You can toss salad with the dressing or keep the dressing on the side.

Well. I just couldn't help but make this my first post. I like food....

This is for my 10,000 calorie omlette

Here's what you need:

3 eggs
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Crispy Prochuitto (you fry it like bacon)
tomatoes
montery jack, sharp cheddar, or any combination of cheese for that matter
sliced black olives
red, yellow, and green bell peppers
onion
red pepper flake, because you gotta have a little heat!
grated hash browns
salt
pepper
sour cream

ok first things first:

fry the hash browns until crispy and golden, put aside
fry prochuitto, put aside to drain on paper towel
dice peppers and onion and saute with black olivesfor a about a minute or two, depending on if you like the crunch or if you like them well done, set aside

Beat the crap out of 3 eggs. it shoud look runny like water when you lift the wisk away from the bowl. Add in the heavy cream, salt, pepper and red pepper flake and wisk some more to incorporate.

heat small omlette pan over medium heat. Add 1tsp REAL butter, not that fake margarine stuff.
when butter foams, add in the beaten, battered, and bruised egg. As the egg cooks, with a spatula, push the egg away from the sides of the pan toward the middle. This is how the omlette gets its fluffyness.Tilt pan as necessary to get all uncooked egg to outside of the omlette so that it gets a chance to hit the pan.
Flip omlette over, either by using a spatula or my favorite, the wrist flip.
add items in this order on half of the omlette:
Cheeses
veggies (including tomatoes)
procuitto
hasbrowns

Do your best to fold the omlette over, and move to a plate. The cheese will melt from the heat of the egg if you let it sit for a moment or two.
Put two dollops of sour cream on top.
Salt and pepper as desired

Add extra crispy procuitto and toast on the side.

This is the god of omlettes... There is none higher...

Owen baked salmon:

First of, my English is pretty bad when it comes to food stuff.

Second of, this is one of my favorite dishes to make.

You need:

4 pieces of salmon filet (cut into pieces of about 4-6 cm x 10-15 cm)
3dl of sourcream
1 lemon
salt and various spices (herbal etc.)

1. Put the salmon in a glass baking pan or something similiar, with around .5mm spacing between each piece and the walls of the pan.

2. Put some salt on the salmon.

3. Grate some lemon skin over the salmon.

4. Put some herbal spices on it.

5. Pour the sourcream over it, use a spoon to make sure ALL of the salmon is covered, nothing red should be showing.

6. Grate some more lemon skin over the sourcream.

7. Put it in the oven at 175 degrees celsius.

Its done when the salmon easily comes apart.

Easy,Hot Dip
1 pkg. cream cheese (8oz.)
8oz. salsa( your favorite)
1.5 cups shredded cheese
Deep pie plate: layer cream cheese, then top with Salsa, them sprinkle with cheese bake 15 min at 375.
serve with tortilla chips...yummy..(Optional add a layer of cooked ground beef sauteed with onions and garlic)

i like eating and coking

favourite things:

scones
homemade tablet
haggis with parsnips and potatoes (mashed)
shortbread

Coking? I though a spell checker would kick that out, but it turns out that coking is the process of making coke while distilling coal. Look at the length of this topic. Perhaps we should start a "Dani's Cooking and Bowling" cook book.

Coking? I though a spell checker would kick that out

I dont have a spellchecker

sew, spell Czech two of ten relied up on yields poor righting.

Peanut Punch
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
14 oz. can evaporated milk
14 oz. can condensed milk
1 cup water
1 tbsp. sugar
1 egg
pared peel of lime or lemon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups white rum (for example: vodka) or 1 cup milk

Mix the peanut butter with the evaporated milk. Add condensed
milk and water, mix well. Taste, if not sweet enough add sugar. beat egg with
peel, disacard peel. Add egg mixture, vanilla, and milk (or rum) to peanut
mixture. Bottle and chill. Serve with ice.

It's good to learn basic cooking, at least.
For instance, cooking pasta (just boiling water), cooking chicken in the oven with seasoning, and rice too.
Then you are all set.

That's how I learnt....after learning the basics, you can vary the way you make your dish based on the ingredients you use to flavor it...and Presto! you've made your most delicious dish...lol...

"Our Geeks' Lounge forum is the place to chat about anything. Have fun and relax in this forum."
I copied this from the forum instructions...so, I guess this thread can be allowed...since it could be considered as 'anything'...

I just realized that i posted my last post there in the wrong forum....kindly excuse it...
Thank You

I was a cook for many years and I used to make this for customers in various restaurants I worked at over the years.
It's called Joe's Special and while it is usually thought of as a breakfast meal, what we eat and when is subjectively a cultural thing.

Take a quantity of hamburger about 1/2 lb per. per. and get it frying.
Toss in some chopped onions, mushrooms and a good handful of fresh spinach. Just before the meat is completely cooked crack 2 eggs into the mix and cook until scrambled. I like my Joe's Special with a slice of Swiss, (Emmental or Gruyère) cheese melted over the top.
Serve with coffee, fried potatoes and toast if breakfast or garlic mashed potatoes (see below) and hard crust Italian garlic bread and a good red wine if supper.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes;

Wash well and cut 1 potatoe per per into cubes and get boiling. DO NOT SKIN POTATOES!!!
Roast 1, 2 or 3 whole garlic bulbs. (More if you're like me and addicted to garlic.)

The idea is to get the potatoes soft enough to smash without them becoming mushy.
Drain the mix and put the pot back onto the fire for a few more minuets. just enough to let the excess moisture steam away. Remove the pot from the heat when this has been accomplished.

Now toss in 2 tablespoons of butter per potato and crush the garlic out of it's skin into the potatoes. Mashed potatoes are one of those foods that are subject to the whims to the cook so whip them the way you like, add some cream if you want them really whipped and fluffy or mash them enough to get the garlic well distributed and the butter melted. (This is how I like them.)
Some times if you want try chopping parsley fine and sprinkle over the mashed or try cilantro to give a slight Latin flavor. I wouldn't recommend bake-o-bits or sour cream fro this dish. It just seems to be too much going on.

Enjoy!!!

This thread makes me hungry!!!

Weight Watchers Zero Points Garden Vegetable Soup ♥ . Good thing about that receipe is that you can put whatever you want in it and the soup will be just great. I used green beans instead of peas, increased stalk to 8 cups (because that's how much comes in the packages I bought), added celery, pepper, and for added spice some sliced jalapeno peppers/juice.

This makes a lot of soup, probably enough for at least 6 people, or enough to last one person 3 means/day for a week :)

Submerge a slice of lactal bread into whipped eggs, then brown it with plentiful oil and add salt to taste. A delicious !

This is a great recipe for turkey, a little different, but as long as it is not over cooked you will be able to carve with a dull spoon...

Cooking Times vary to size of bird

the only difference in my recipe is actually just to replace the stuffing in the bird with:

one pink grapefruit cut in quarters or eighths (leave peel on)

2-3 oranges quartered (leave peel on)

cover with foil or use oven bag...

Cook Breast down for the first half of the cook time and flip over for the rest, you can use the juices to baste the turkey of course

last half hour of cook time uncover the breast should already be up.
Baste and let brown...

cook times: stuffed
8-12# 3-3.5 hours
12-14# 3.5 - 4 hours
14-18# 4- 4.25 hours
18-20# 4.25 - 4.75 hours
20-24# 4.75 - 5.25 hours
24 - 30# 5.25 - 6.25

boil egg..
when it is ready to eat..
add soybean sause..

here's a good one for desert....(sorry if it has been put in somewere b4 now i just couldnt read all 15 pages lol need another coffee 4 that)

neways go to your local supermarket and buy some custard(i forgot how to make it from scratch but mabee its in there already) and a choclate mud cake

cut yourself a slice big enuf to fill the bowel you will eat out of and then cover with custard and stick in microwave for about 30 seconds (good idea to wait by microwave and keep eye on it) just untill the icing ontop of the mud cake has started to melt into the custard

or if you can buy them from were u are danni a good old aussie pie microwave it for bout 2 - 2.5 mins and then stick in the oven for bout 5 mins to crispen it up (they tend to go soggy in the microwave) or you could just cook it for bout 20 .............. im just lazy and like em to be cooked asap lol

• Oz. Heavy cream(maybe two ounces)
  • 1/2Oz. Makers Mark whiskey
  • 1/2Oz. Extra strength coffee
  • 1/4Oz. Kahlúa
  • 1/8Oz. Baileys
  • 1/8Oz. Vanilla
  • Ground cumin, clover, nutmeg, and whatever else.

Was okay when I had it. I think... was so late/early.

(^.^)Quick Chicken Teriyaki(^.^)

=oOo=oOo=oOo=oOo= Ingredients : =oOo=oOo=oOo=oOo=

=oOo=1/4 cup KRAFT LIGHT DONE RIGHT! Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing, divided
=oOo=1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
=oOo=1 1/3 cups water
=oOo=1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
=oOo=1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
=oOo=2 cups frozen broccoli florets
=oOo=1 1/2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked

=oOo=oOo=oOo=oOo= Nutrition Info =oOo=oOo=oOo=oOo=

Calories: 162 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Fat: 2 g
Protein: 26 g
Sugars: 2 g

=oOo=oOo=oOo=oOo= Cooking directions =oOo=oOo=oOo=oOo=

(^.^)Heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 min. or until cooked through.
(^.^)Add water, teriyaki sauce and garlic powder; stir. Bring to boil.
(^.^)Stir in broccoli and rice; cover. Cook on low heat 5 min. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 min. Fluff with fork...Yield: 4 servings

***Lemon Chicken***

INGREDIENTS:

1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
12 ounces chicken breast tenders, cut in thirds
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
1/4 cup green bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips

COOKING DIRECTIONS:

Mix 1 tsp. cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce in a small mixing bowl. Add sliced chicken tenders. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 10 minutes.
Stir the lemon juice, 1/4 cup soy sauce, chicken broth, ginger, garlic, SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener and 1 tsp. cornstarch together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until just done. Add sauce and sliced peppers. Cook 1-2 minutes more or until sauce thickens and peppers are slightly tender.
Yield: 4 servings

Wow~~~~!
Is that breakfast???

Some noodles??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.