Hi Everyone!
I am a new college student and I am going to be a computer programmer. This is my "Interview with a Professional" week, and I need to interview a computer programmer, because that is what I want to be. I have made a lot of phone calls to get someone to interview, and people act like I am a telemarketer and hang up or tell me to call back and then they are busy. Is there anyone willing to be interviewed? I would greatly appreciate it. I can call you at a time of your convenience, or if you are real busy, I can send you a Q&A sheet. I have only five more days to submit this assignment. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

[email removed]

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

post your Q&A sheet right here.

i expect you'll get a few responses from which you can pick and choose which one to use.

I hope it is not some paid survey form that you are trying to make people fill up.

commented: yeah those paid surveys...signature links... -1

These are the questions that I would be asking. I'll try it -Thanks
Name:
Company Name:
Title:
What are your responsibilities?

What kinds of skills do you need to perform your job?

Describe what you do during a typical day.

What other jobs have you held that might have helped prepare you for this position?

Do you have people work for you, what do they do?

What is one of the most challenging things about the work you do?

What time management tips could you suggest?

How do you balance your family, job, work, and leisure time?

What advice can you give someone interested in this career?

Any additional information you would like to share?

It's not a survey - its real homework. I want to be a computer programmer, so I have to interview one-and my options are running out.

>I have to interview one-and my options are running out.
Why don't you search the forum for similar interviews? Your questions are hardly unique. I know for a fact that I've thoroughly answered each of them for students looking to interview a programmer.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Someone has helped me. Have a great day.

>Someone has helped me.
And that someone was nobody here because we didn't give you everything you wanted on a silver platter? I hate to break it to you, but you don't strike me as a very promising programmer after reading your comments (excuses, really) on this thread.

>Someone has helped me.
And that someone was nobody here because we didn't give you everything you wanted on a silver platter? I hate to break it to you, but you don't strike me as a very promising programmer after reading your comments (excuses, really) on this thread.

Narue, someone already helped me before I got your suggestions. I am new to Daniweb, and I didn't want to search for other people's answers. I wanted to call someone and get a new interview, and I got that. What gives you the right to put people down? Does it make you feel better? You have no idea what kind of programmer I will be and you shouldn't judge me. How did you get where you are today? By hard work, right? Well, I will pay my dues just like you did. This will be the last time I use this forum. I will pray for you.

Narue, someone already helped me before I got your suggestions. I am new to Daniweb, and I didn't want to search for other people's answers. I wanted to call someone and get a new interview, and I got that. What gives you the right to put people down? Does it make you feel better? You have no idea what kind of programmer I will be and you shouldn't judge me. How did you get where you are today? By hard work, right? Well, I will pay my dues just like you did. This will be the last time I use this forum. I will pray for you.

Take it easy man. You should try not to take everything so personal.

>I am new to Daniweb, and I didn't want to search for other people's answers.
Translation: "I'm too lazy to search for something that's sure to exist already."
Alternative Translation: "Even though the questions and answers are exactly the same, they're not mine, and I'm special so I deserve customized personal help."

>I wanted to call someone and get a new interview, and I got that.
How much do you want to bet that you got exactly the same answers a search would have produced?

>What gives you the right to put people down?
I'm a naturally cruel person, it's what I do.

>Does it make you feel better?
Well, now I'm less bored, so the answer to that question would have to be "yes".

>You have no idea what kind of programmer I will be and you shouldn't judge me.
You strike me as the kind of programmer who relies on others to get things done. With any luck my harsh judgment will encourage you to exceed my expectations. If you manage that I'll be thrilled.

>This will be the last time I use this forum.
Guess what? Nobody cares! :) I often wonder why people insist on publicly declaring that they'll never return. It's childish, petty, and really serves no purpose other than to attract attention with the equivalent of "Look at me! I'm stomping off in a huff!".

commented: Disagree with the use of bold. -4
commented: I think the bold adds clarity. +22
commented: Just to annoy iamthwee's pedantry +32

I will pray for you.

hey pray for me too.

i got a whole list of stuff i'd like to get by June.

thanks

commented: New fly-whisk for the monks? +4

hey pray for me too.

i got a whole list of stuff i'd like to get by June.

thanks

(heh,heh) Wow, maybe we should start a prayer circle so we can all get the stuff we want by June (me first, I want a job).

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>maybe we should start a prayer circle

I pray that I don't have to sing for my supper anymore.

I also pray that my third eye falls out. It really isn't as much fun as you might think.

Wow, if this guy gets all the bashing I'd got in popular forums all across the web, he'll hang himself with his intestines!

As a programmer, I'm sure he'll at least begin with a hellish boss who'll "put him down" many times more nastily than what he has experienced above.

Dude, take a deep breath. Not everyone is a diplomat, so don't expect that when someone asks you to go to hell, he'll tell you in such a way that you'll look forward to the trip!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.