guilfordgray 0 Newbie Poster

Several months ago a friend of mine purchased Windows ProDefender plus for his Dell Dimension 2400. It would not download properly so he decided to remove/uninstall the program. From that day he has not been able to access the internet from his wireless connection. In the device manager, I noticed there were questions marks beside the ethernet controller and the PCI Simple Communications Controller. I went onto Dell's website and downloaded a new driver for the ethernet controller but nothing worked for the PCI Controller. I uninstalled it hoping upon reboot, it would reinstall correctly...no such luck. I have googled, read threads, discussed with everyone who has a little bit of computer knowledge but no one can help me. I know enough about computers to get me in trouble (obviously). Any ideas on where I can obtain this driver to get him back on the net with a wireless connection? Thanks in advance...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.