Member Avatar for James singizi

what was the greatest programming challenge you ever had

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Making a big game!

Well for me, everything is a challenge at first, and then it becomes a breeze. Hardest thing so far would be creating a tic-tac toe program in c# (i am a beginner in c#).

Taking the leap from procedural to OOP programming in PHP. It's like pushing yourself to think of all the things you already know in a different way.

Making a system for a JAIL inmate profile.

Same as pixelsoul.

I keep looking at OOP, and PDO, and then bottle out, and continue procedural. I find it more difficult to retain anything as I'm getting older. Learning greek for me is a pain too, coz I keep forgetting what I learned yesterday! At least with the php I can refer to the books!

I find it more difficult to retain anything as I'm getting older.

Tell me about it. I'm pretty sure that you and I are roughly the same age (59). I've made several attempts to learn Python. Even wrote a 3D Breakout game but I find that I don't do enough programming to keep current. I've since abandoned Python and gone back to vb.net and vbscript.

I'm pretty sure that you and I are roughly the same age (59).

If you were born in march it would be exact!

And speaking of OOP and PDO, can any one point me in the right direction for a really simple tutorial for either?

I thought that was a baby face!

what was the greatest programming challenge you ever had

Being a good programmer. It's a constant challenge. ;)

Hey, you youngsters! I'm 61!
The path from procedural to OOP was hard, but somehow I managed to get some OOP understanding.
And indeed, age has its toll, the learning of new things(so many these days) is beginning to slow down.

Oh, BTW: my cat fell in the bath and is very angry, at least she was a few hours ago...
Avatar is not my cat, but I guess she experienced the same fate

commented: :) +0

Oh, BTW: my cat fell in the bath and is very angry, at least she was a few hours ago...

ha, i remember when i put my cat in the bath tub... she liked it lol. she just swam in there...

Member Avatar for diafol

My first Perl script. After so many tears and nosebleeds I decided I'd never look at it again.

And speaking of OOP and PDO, can any one point me in the right direction for a really simple tutorial for either?

Check out Pritaeas' code snippet in PHP forum. Also have a look at the wrapper class in google code:
https://code.google.com/p/php-pdo-wrapper-class/

The OOP introduction is in the PHP Tutorial section.

That wrapper is a nice start. A shame it hasn't been updated, has potential.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.