My School Website
That's really it unless I say Google

www.facebook.com
www.twitter.com
www.soundclick.com
www.soundcloud.com
www.daniweb.com

Although I haven't been around here very much as of late. :(

@Jim, the jesusandmo site highly angers me because it draws pictures of the prophet of islam, which is opposed in Islam because no one is allowed to even draw a picture of the prophet nor allah/god. Also, a lot of what they post is wrong anyways... I am not trying to start an arguement but that is just my word for it.

I wouldn't go to that site if it offends you then.

@Stuugie, I don't go to it... i just happened to run into it when Jim posted it.

What exactly is the quoted passage about drawing or making pictures? I've been looking on the Googles but have not found anything.

In islam, people are not allowed to make drawings of the prophet nor Allah. If you draw a picture of the prophet and make it in a way where it is the artist's depiction of him, you begin to start worsphipping the wrong person (I may need to reword that, i feel like i wrote that poorly). It says so in the quran and you can ask any muslim, only those that are devoted to their faith. When sites like the above draw images like that of the prophet, it shows disrespect to islam... and people begin to wonder why the people of islam get angry.

There was even a controversy when South Park made an episode where it featured the prophet in a bear suit, which led to many controversies towards the producers (it went to extremes where some were giving death threats to them; terrorism and doing such acts isn't islamic if you were wondering... just a reaction)

Here is a (not the best of sources, but it is good enough for this case): http://middleeast.about.com/od/religionsectarianism/f/me080322.htm

no one is allowed to even draw a picture of the prophet nor allah/god

At the risk of derailing this thread, you have the right to be offended. I have the right to not care. In any case, your statement is incorrect. You are not allowed to draw a picture of Mohammed or Allah. I can do whatever the hell I want, and you can feel as offended as you want. Besides, in the first cartoon the author explains that he is not drawing a picture of the prophet, just someone who looks like him. In any case, since nobody knows what he looked like, who is to say what is or is not actually a drawing of him?

At the risk of derailing this thread, you have the right to be offended. I have the right to not care. In any case, your statement is incorrect. You are not allowed to draw a picture of Mohammed or Allah. I can do whatever the hell I want, and you can feel as offended as you want. Besides, in the first cartoon the author explains that he is not drawing a picture of the prophet, just someone who looks like him. In any case, since nobody knows what he looked like, who is to say what is or is not actually a drawing of him?

Well, it is true... i am not able to draw him nor can 1 or 2 billion muslims. I am simply trying to point out that one should not be doing anything to offend another person... in this case it was not you offending me, it was the creator of that site. But oh well, lets just move on and just imagine that this issue never occurred.

Daily Rituals: DaniWeb, Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, Google Webmaster Tools, Salesforce, Cisco Meraki Management, Google DFP, Wikipedia, Stack Overflow, Meetup.com, Eventbrite, Braintree Gateway, Chase Online, Citibank Online, BuySellAds, Craigslist

The 13 sites I visit every day, in order, are:

DaniWeb
Facebook
Happygeek.com
Cloud Pro
IT Pro
PC Pro
Google News
NewsNow
Twitter
Pocket
Krebs on Security
Dark Reading
Bongo Fury

am simply trying to point out that one should not be doing anything to offend another person

Maybe people should try not to be so offended.

commented: Some people take things very seriously... +0

If you present a position and an argument to defend it, then I point out how insanely absurd your position is by citing examples of how your argument is either internally inconsistent, completely contradicted by evidence, or totally at odds with your stated position then the only thing you should be offended by is your own stupidity for believing in that position in the first place. If you tell me the sky is green and I point to it and say "No it isn't. It's blue. See?" then you are the one at fault for refusing to believe the evidence. By being angry at me you are essentially just blaming the messenger.

By being angry at me you are essentially just blaming the messenger.

I didn't say i was angry at you... I am angry towards those that create images and messages such as those from the site you provided.

I am angry towards those that create images and messages such as those from the site you provided.

Then you've completely missed my point and the point of the J&M site.

Then you've completely missed my point and the point of the J&M site.

I got your point... I just gave my opinion about the site, I didn't expect such trouble to stir, so I apologize for the confusion I caused.

No apology is necessary. We have differing opinions and we have both aired them :-)E

The "E" is because I've let my beard get a little shaggy lately.

I'm not sure it counts because I do not use the internet daily, but when I do I visit here, and usually find myself reading MSDN and various stackexchange sites.

Why are there so many silly tags to this thread?

I am amazed that no one said: www.google.com or www.bing.com

But, seriously, I also visit:

www.bloomberg.com
www.foxnews.com
www.cnn.com

I consider google, etc. akin to phoning the operator or directory assistance as in "a phone call you make in order to make a phone call". I go to google to go somewhere else. Although I would consider google maps as a destination.

Fussy....fussy...I was actually suggesting Google/Bing tongue in cheek...half kidding :-)

But thx for you qualification :-)

I was just being anal ;-P

ummmm... okay then?

@Jim... okay then o.O

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.