Couldn't log in.
Couldn't request reset.
Immediate thought, I have p-ed off majorly those I should not.
Those who have met me in person will be able to affirm this, I am expletive 99% of the time.
I have been banned from other sites before, permanently (sadly often), and assumed I had been again.
At DaniWeb I have tried to keep the answers almost relevant and helpful.
I emailed my thanks for being permitted here, and assumed I was a dead man
Very suprised to receive a reply, any reply actually, that login was down and I had not done anything too stupid (recently?)
Happily surprised

DaniWeb is extremely tolerant 6384eb2ad0803beeefef27551d397a04
Gratefully

Bob

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There was definitely an issue yesterday. However, some people are still experiencing an issue today even though I cannot reproduce it.

There was definitely an issue yesterday. However, some people are still experiencing an issue today even though I cannot reproduce it.

It's the OCSP validation (well, in my case). I'm using Windows 8.1 and the latest version of Firefox. It was observed from 2 wifi spots, and even over a VPN at different locations across Canada and the UK. It can be fixed temporarily by turning off OCSP. It wasn't working as of a few hours ago.

Has their been any changes effecting certificates?

EDIT: As of now it's been fixed. The most up to date certificate is (thumbprint) ‎fa a1 37 81 e4 d3 a6 a9 ce 52 20 d3 e8 98 73 3e f7 ee b0 cf. You can double check to make sure you have the right one (in case it's cashed if that's a thing?).

There is, and there was. We revoked a certificate, which may have gotten cached causing the above issues. Currently all web servers appear to be returning the correct certificate though.

I am expletive 99% of the time.

I would never have guessed lol, and so glad you're not banned!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.