Well hallelujah Ancient Dragon, at 55 I was beginning to think that perhaps I was the oldest here. I got a letter from AARP a while back, kinda brought it all home.

jbennet...you pup, I have two cats that are older than you, that's each not together. I should register them so they can vote, they have better sense than some people.

lol.. well i jus turned 23.. Well considering Ancient Dtagon Must be the Olderst of em all.. Cant believe he is at his 60's :-O .. And dcc your rating 2nd :cool: .

i will be 18 this October ~ doesn't time fly
but i don't want to drive yet ( i in the UK so we don't get to drive till 17)
2 reasons why
1. don't want to start while my exams loom
2. don't want to be a statistic

Statistic or stereotype?

Statistic or stereotype?

It would seem that perhaps you are the stereotypical type observing someone who is well aware to the statistical facts facing a specific age group of potential motorist?

Is it just an unintentional quirk on your part or do you intentionally try to derail the topic of any thread you respond in? Let me rephrase this...are you blonde or sly?:icon_lol:

It would seem that perhaps you are the stereotypical type observing someone who is well aware to the statistical facts facing a specific age group of potential motorist?

What? =/

> Let me rephrase this...are you blonde or sly?

;-)

Is it just an unintentional quirk on your part or do you intentionally try to derail the topic of any thread you respond in? Let me rephrase this...are you blonde or sly?:icon_lol:

I am neither.
I was asking if he meant statistical or stereotypical. That wasn't derailing the topic at all.

Christina...a stereotype is a red neck plumber bent over exposing cleavage as described by his peers.

Seriously... statistics are used to summarize a set of observations, in order to communicate as much as possible as simply as possible. In this case the deaths of teens involved in automobile accidents.

Stereotypes are ideas held about members of particular groups, based primarily on membership in that group.

Serunson was expressing a very real concern for a very real statistic directly applicable to his age group of drivers, there isn't anything stereotypical about it.

The only correlation between this discussion and the topic of this thread is that I have now aged another several minutes having to explain myself to you.

Christina...a stereotype is a red neck plumber bent over exposing cleavage as described by his peers.

Seriously... statistics are used to summarize a set of observations, in order to communicate as much as possible as simply as possible. In this case the deaths of teens involved in automobile accidents.

Stereotypes are ideas held about members of particular groups, based primarily on membership in that group.

Serunson was expressing a very real concern for a very real statistic directly applicable to his age group of drivers, there isn't anything stereotypical about it.

The only correlation between this discussion and the topic of this thread is that I have now aged another several minutes having to explain myself to you.

Oh my goodness gracious. Did you honestly not comprehend my 3 little question? I knew exactly what he was talking about. I know what statistics are and I know what stereotypes are.... a sixth grader would know what those two things are! It was sarcasm. Give me a break. I think you may need to age a little more by trying to explain some more idiotic statements told to elementary children, because it revealed absolutely nothing to me.

It's sad that you didn't know what the definition of 'stereotype' was without looking it up on wikipedia. Obviously you didn't know what it was.
Please do not attack me for unknown reasons when you do not know what you are talking about.

All I said was 'Statistic or stereotype?' (maybe I should've added a winky face at the end... =/ ..)

I hate to dissolution you but both definitions came from wikipedia, I find the definitions to be basic enough that even a grade school student can understand them.

One of my best friends recently lost his eldest son is a car accident, he now is one of those statistics and I don't see any humor in your sarcasm.

One of my best friends recently lost his eldest son is a car accident, he now is one of those statistics and I don't see any humor in your sarcasm.

Do you think I don't know what losing a person over a car wreck is like? My friend, I am 17 but I have seen more than you think. I have witnessed 2 different car wrecks in which 3 of my classmates have died and I have been in 4 altogether during my lifetime. Do not think that I have not experienced this type of tragedy.

My sarcasm was not pointed towards the death toll due to car accidents, (statistics). It was directed towards the idea that 'all teenagers are bad drivers,' which is clearly a stereotype. If you did not understand that, then I am terribly sorry. But try not to overreact next time.

Oh god.. which ever thread i step into.. people are arguing rather than talking about the topic.. Grow up kids.. enough of silly arguments.

i will be 18 this October ~ doesn't time fly
but i don't want to drive yet ( i in the UK so we don't get to drive till 17)
2 reasons why
1. don't want to start while my exams loom

hey hay hay calm down people. He didnt mean anything sarcastic when he said "dont want to be aq statistic". That is what the adverts say over here - its kidna the motto of the whole safe driving program

Oh god.. which ever thread i step into.. people are arguing rather than talking about the topic.. Grow up kids.. enough of silly arguments.

Oh yeah??? Well she started it!!!:icon_lol:

I'm busted, I'm participating in one of the actions that I criticize others for. You need to understand that at my age it isn't uncommon for me to have a senior moment and forget what the original topic was.:icon_rolleyes:

read above post, the whole argrument was just a misunderstanding

hey hay hay calm down people. He didnt mean anything sarcastic when he said "dont want to be aq statistic". That is what the adverts say over here - its kidna the motto of the whole safe driving program

The sarcasm that is being referred to was made by Kristina who contends that teen drivers are unjustly stereotyped as bad drivers.

also why is it that men automatically get the 'bad speed daemon' title and have to pay obscene amounts compared to women on car insurance? ~ is that the same in the US cause it is here
btw sorry if you missunderstood my earlier post ~ no offence intended

also why is it that men automatically get the 'bad speed daemon' title and have to pay obscene amounts compared to women on car insurance? ~ is that the same in the US cause it is here
btw sorry if you missunderstood my earlier post ~ no offence intended

I have started another thread titled Are teens bad drivers in which I address your question.

If anyone else wants to respond to any of the off topic posts about teen drivers here please do so in this other thread. Let's respect the member who started this thread by not hijacking it.

The sarcasm that is being referred to was made by Kristina who contends that teen drivers are unjustly stereotyped as bad drivers.

they are bad drivers. nearly all of my friends drive like maniacs and have crashed thier cars. Here in the UK insurance for teens is like 400% more and for lads its like double what it is for girls

jbennet...these are not bad drivers, these are inexperienced drivers. Most people improve their driving skills over time with practice, those who do not improve eventually will prove themselves to be bad drivers. Some people just can't coordinate their thoughts and actions.

Please read the information that I have provided in my other thread, the link is listed above.

You spelled my name wrong.
And honestly, I would like you to quit overreacting. Thank you.

You spelled my name wrong.

i know i hat when people get your name wrong, people always get mine wrong on forms - its with one "t" not two grrrr!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.