Actually, I do believe you're right. Stalin did kill a lot of people. I read somewhere that he began something called the ‘Great Purges’. And twenty million people were put to death.

Yeah, I think that was before the war. Pretty much anyone and anything anticommunist he killed or forced in communism.

Yeah, he was obsessed with power.

I still don't think that justifies Stalin's actions at all. The defeat of the Nazis in Operation Barbarossa wasn't due so much to the U.S.S.R.'s effeciency or speed as it had to do with Hitler's mistakes. In the span of his life, Stalin actually killed more people than Hitler.

if hitler wasnt fighting a war on two fronts he would have succeeded in conquering the whole of europe (at one point it was just the uk left)

Yeah, exactly. A lot of people don't know that Hitler had Parkinson's and he tried to outlast his own death. He wanted to see himself victorious before he died and rushed things in some areas. He came really close to conquering Europe.

Yeah, exactly. A lot of people don't know that Hitler had Parkinson's and he tried to outlast his own death. He wanted to see himself victorious before he died and rushed things in some areas.

Actually Hitler committed suicide by putting a gun into his mouth in his Berlin bunker. He killed himself because he knew he was being defeated. Where did you hear he had Parkison's?

from wiki:

Hitler's health has long been the subject of debate.

He has variously been said to have suffered from irritable bowel syndrome, skin lesions, irregular heartbeat, tremors on the left side of his body due to Parkinson's disease, syphilis,and a strongly suggested addiction to methamphetamine.

One film exists that shows his left trembling, which might suggest Parkinson's. Beyond that, the evidence is very sparse.

Ahh.. I see.

I can't believe Hitler had syphilis. That is just disgusting.

They say that was one of the reasons for why he was so mental.

I made a reply and it never posted. I wonder what happened.

I can't believe Hitler had syphilis. That is just disgusting.

They say that was one of the reasons for why he was so mental.

Yeah, and apparently he kept trying to get with his niece.

I had heard about something like that.

But he was married to his mistress wasn't he?

I don't know. I know a lot more about how he fought the war and details of the war from the American soldier's point of view.

I had heard about something like that.

But he was married to his mistress wasn't he?

I can't quote it as fact, but I've heard and read little tidbits to that effect. From what I've seen, apparently Hitler and Eva Braun did marry at some point during the last day of his life...wonder if the marriage was ever consummated?

googling tells me that the hitler having one testicle thing was in fact a piece of soviet propaganda therefore i see no reason why hitler could not consumate his relationship ;)

I was thinking more in terms of number of hours available between time of marriage and time of death.

Hours? Hitler a stud or something? lol

All that really matters is that he is dead ~ no nazi propoganda to destroy the world.
Good old wars ~ sort out ur problems;)

no nazi propoganda to destroy the world.

Still plenty of that around :|

How many people did Stalin kill?

conservative estimates range from 10 to 25 million dead, not counting the million or so German POWs that never made it out of Siberia.

Really? I always thought of Hitler as a mad man who invented genocide. =p

hardly. The Turks were there before him in 1926 in Armenia.
Stalin was quite busy in the central Asian republics from the 1930s until the 1950s.
The Japanese did it from the 1920s onward to 1945 in Manchuria and elsewhere, and probably started doing it centuries earlier.
The Romans massacred the Phoenicians 2000 years ago, and made a decent start on the Jews around that same time (Jews that Hitler and Stalin later tried to finish off, but failed, and the PLO are now once again trying to finish off but failing).
The Spanish wiped out the native populations of south and central America in the 1500s and 1600s.
Most likely tribes of neolithic people wiped out other tribes tens of thousands of years ago.

So Hitler didn't invent genocide. He merely employed a scientific and industrial machine to perform it in ways not before envisioned (and largely left uncopied to this date, though Saddams campaigns against the Kurds and Shiites in Iraq bears some resemblence).

He did invent the superhighway, the concept of paid vacation time for everyone, pretty much came up with the emancipation of women on the workfloor.
If his motifs for introducing all that were not purely benign, that doesn't mean he didn't implement all that.
And yes, Hitler personally is responsible for the VW Beetle. He contacted car manufacturers to design a car that would be affordable for pretty much everyone, envisioning a day when every German family would own an automobile.
Porsche's design won, with some personal modifications by Hitler himself.

Still plenty of that around :|

haven't noticed anyone destroying the world lately...

I can't quote it as fact, but I've heard and read little tidbits to that effect. From what I've seen, apparently Hitler and Eva Braun did marry at some point during the last day of his life...wonder if the marriage was ever consummated?

Unlikely. They killed themselves a few hours after the ceremony and probably weren't alone during all that time.

Rather interesting little factoid: Hitler was 1/8 Jewish and would under his own laws be unable to work for the German government, marry, or have children.

lol hitler also didnt have blonde hair and blue eyes

you can add anothe rcivilization to your list by the way, the americans just about wiped out all of the indians (as in the american sort)

conservative estimates range from 10 to 25 million dead, not counting the million or so German POWs that never made it out of Siberia.

I can't remember the name offhand, but this reminds me of something I read about a while back. Apparently, a number of Russians took up German uniforms in order to fight against Stalin; after they were captured, they surrendered to the Americans, and I think British, on the grounds that they wouldn't be sent back. So, naturally, the American government drugged them and sent them back so the president could continue on all buddy-buddy with 'Uncle Joe'.

Naturally, of course, the captives were killed upon returning to Russia.

Really? I see it everywhere.

> Really? I see it everywhere.

Disclaimer: Nothing I say can be considered credible information ;-)

I must be watching different news to yourself

I must be watching different news to yourself

I'm sure I would have noticed. I live on the thing and it being destroyed with me on it would certainly have been quite apparent.
Flying off into outer space in between a cloud of debris with no space suit isn't something you forget for the rest of your life.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.