You and me are a lot alike. You've been with your bf for 2 1/2 years and I've been with my gf for 2 1/2 years. You have the same beliefs and ideas as me too. And we both like Daniweb.

How awesome is that?
Are you going to marry your gf? :)

Maybe you should start having "virtual" double-dates. ;)

No, I tried that once. But they started making out and we got akward. I ended up getting water thrown in my face and a virus on my computer. hahaha.

commented: Too bad this is not the laughing thread. +4

How awesome is that?

I don't know. It's too early to tell cause I'm only 17.

(And I was looking at your profile, your birthday's only a couple weeks after mine, same year)

I don't know. It's too early to tell cause I'm only 17.

(And I was looking at your profile, your birthday's only a couple weeks after mine, same year)

Wow that's pretty cool.

Although I am just 17 also, Caleb and I are probably going to get married in a couple years...

Oops... I meant Duki. Lol

*Gasp* Caleb! Now we know his name. lol. A biblical name. I know someone named Caleb, he was on the swim team.

For the "Don't get off topic" people, here you go. Caleb is made up of cells and particles making his decision to join the swim team inevitable. heh heh.

Hahah. ;)

You and me are a lot alike. You've been with your bf for 2 1/2 years and I've been with my gf for 2 1/2 years. You have the same beliefs and ideas as me too. And we both like Daniweb.

:zzz:

How awesome is that?

gag, don't make me throw up lol

Wow that's pretty cool.

Although I am just 17 also, Caleb and I are probably going to get married in a couple years...

hahaha.. Caleb.. ;)

Are yall seriously thinking of marriage? That kinda commitment is way too serious.. I always break it off before it even gets this serious.. you guys are only 17, come on now.. how do you know that you have even experienced true love? Besides, once you're married your personal lives are over.. it becomes all about the family. You must sacrifice your own personal goals and dreams for your family. And what about kids? Just seems to me that a marriage is just the beginning of the falling action in one's life..

>> hmm.. I think that's a rather poor metaphor to use for human consciousness[...]
>> Is it fair to say that a thread is composed of physical matter?[...]
Thankfully I was being as blatantly sarcastic as I could be.

>> Caleb and I are probably going to get married in a couple years...
Does that not scare you?

Now, you knew you would get an increase of good reps for this one, didn't you?. ;)
Smart man/woman. You have been watching the "stock market".

That was a good one Aia! I like the "watching the stock market" part. I laughed and laughed at your observation(s) and conclusion(s). It was really fun.

You see, all I want to do is to really have fun while I am out there and I am truly amazed at how the mind of man works. Its a real piece of art.

The purpose is not to garner what is refered to as "good reps" but to share ideas, knowledge (tech. or otherwise) and beliefs (be they religious, intellectual or otherwise) . So I was truly and really taken aback at the reaction(s) I got from some of the posters by simply afirming that I believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the Life. Some actually gave me bad reps( the red button) and were sarcastic. So you wonder if...

• the bad reps were for having the audacity and the "temerity" of posting my belief
  • the bad reps were for hating who or what I believed in
  • or for reversing whatever "good reps" I had "smartly" garnered by posting such.
  • Or for posting out of context which is not the case here if you really studied the context of the post (it was posted in the off-topic, relaxation part of the forum)

To me it makes nonsense of the so-called reps system as found here. If reputation means what it means in the context of a forum then pratices as found here is bound to be misleading. For example, a newbie as he types his post, should believe that a poster with four green buttons is likely to provide help than a poster with two green buttons. But what I find is that there is plenty of "rep handouts" or "rep moratoriums" if you like.

So if for instance rashakil fol likes hurting people as he profoundly stated in his bio (please check for details) and he has four green buttons what truly is his reputation.

To my mind, if you really want to see what a persons reputation is check out majority of his posts if not all. You are very likely to "see" a persons reputation. WaltP for instance is a helpful poster but does not take kindly to mistakes, misstatements or misspellings and that's a reputation!

Sturm, for instance gave me a red button and said "whatever.." probably with the roll of the eyes. And if following the existing practice, every body tows sturms line, that means over time I would have 2 or 3 red buttons and what does that say? I am unlikely to offer any help tech or no. But will that be true?

I believe if anyone does not agree with what I am saying the best one could do is to put forth superior arguement(s) and then let truth and reason prevail. And if anybody feels that there was an off-topic posting the moderators and administrators are doing a good job.

But to use the "red button" on someone inappropriately defeats the whole purpose. Christina for instance simply gave me good reps for the purpose of cancelling the bad ones given to me (thanks christine!) because she does not agree with the reasons adduced or suspected for the red buttons and so the arguement goes on.

We should not place to much emphasis on gathering or reduction of rep points but on addition of value and enjoyment of posting experience. Peace

edit: I just saw something in Sturm's bio that I did not see before. He is anti-theist. Now I see more clearly. And from his reaction at think it militant atheism. Now I understand...

commented: Very good post. +14

Are yall seriously thinking of marriage? That kinda commitment is way too serious.. I always break it off before it even gets this serious.. you guys are only 17, come on now.. how do you know that you have even experienced true love? Besides, once you're married your personal lives are over.. it becomes all about the family. You must sacrifice your own personal goals and dreams for your family. And what about kids? Just seems to me that a marriage is just the beginning of the falling action in one's life..

Yes, it's a life long commitment, but I'm ready. I'm the 17 year old, Caleb's almost 20. And I'm not getting married yet, just probably in 3 years.
I think you know when you've experienced true love, especially when you've been with someone this long. I've never been so happy with anyone. He's my best friend.
I think marriage will be wonderful.

>> Caleb and I are probably going to get married in a couple years...
Does that not scare you?

Of course not. Why should it?

>> Why should it?
I dunno. I guess it's just because the thought of marrage for me at this time is nearly as far removed from me as something that's miles away.

Maybe cause it would scare me.

>> Maybe cause it would scare me.
Note - I am not currently in a relationship :)

>> Maybe cause it would scare me.
Note - I am not currently in a relationship :)

Good!, That way you can spend more time here. Or better yet. Make
this website a Second Life.

No,no,no...what I am saying. Get your behinds off that chair and start
finding someone.

>> That way you can spend more time here.
I dunno. There are some people on the forum who appear to be dating and spend quite a while here ... Maybe ...

>> Why should it?
I dunno. I guess it's just because the thought of marrage for me at this time is nearly as far removed from me as something that's miles away.

I see.
Well maybe your opinion will change when you find someone that you're serious about.

>> That way you can spend more time here.
I dunno. There are some people on the forum who appear to be dating and spend quite a while here ... Maybe ...

I'm proof. :)

Yes, it's a life long commitment, but I'm ready. I'm the 17 year old, Caleb's almost 20. And I'm not getting married yet, just probably in 3 years.
I think you know when you've experienced true love, especially when you've been with someone this long. I've never been so happy with anyone. He's my best friend.
I think marriage will be wonderful.

Of course not. Why should it?

What if it's a mistake?

Besides, did you see what I wrote in my previous post? Are you really ready to forfeit your dreams and ambitions for your family? I'm not..

>> Why should it?

I agree :)

What if it's a mistake?

It's not. See, because there's this little thing we [Christians] call prayer. ;o)

Besides, did you see what I wrote in my previous post? Are you really ready to forfeit your dreams and ambitions for your family? I'm not..

Of course I'm not going to give up my dreams... I'm still going to go to college and become a Nurse Practitioner and get my MSN. I'm still going to be with my family, marriage just adds more people to it. And getting married happens to be one of my dreams. :)

Well, personally I think you are rushing into this dream..

lol.. prayer.. Why is the divorce rate among Americans so high? (Christians too)

As for your other dreams.. how do you know that complications won't arise and force you to discontinue them.. What if Caleb needs to relocate somewhere for his job.. or needs you do assist him rather than getting your own job.. or you become pregnant, and must care for the baby instead of continuing with college.. There are many complications which people do not always forsee..

I'll take this one Christina.

My friend, I think I know what you need in your life.
Our plan should be to find a nice, beutiful, pettit christian girl for you.
Then your life will have meaning and will not be without purpose.
C'mon, what ye say?. ;)

lol...

lol...

See, you were born to lagh.
What's all that nonsense of "life being meaningless".
Life is unique wether there's a after life or not. Enjoy the ride without forgetting other people's ride.

Well, personally I think you are rushing into this dream..

Eh... it's not like I'm getting married tomorrow. ;)

As for your other dreams.. how do you know that complications won't arise and force you to discontinue them.. What if Caleb needs to relocate somewhere for his job.. or needs you do assist him rather than getting your own job.. or you become pregnant, and must care for the baby instead of continuing with college.. There are many complications which people do not always forsee..

1. I'll go wherever he goes.
2. We'll assist each other.
3. Birth control. ;o)

I'll take this one Christina.

My friend, I think I know what you need in your life.
Our plan should be to find a nice, beutiful, pettit christian girl for you.
Then your life will have meaning and will not be without purpose.
C'mon, what ye say?. ;)

Hehe... good thinking Aia!

Eh... it's not like I'm getting married tomorrow. ;)

1. I'll go wherever he goes.
2. We'll assist each other.
3. Birth control. ;o)

hah.. icic.. I thought Christians were against birth control :)

Only certain denominations. And that doesn't mean they don't just use it anyway.

hah.. icic.. I thought Christians were against birth control :)

Only certain denominations. And that doesn't mean they don't just use it anyway.

Exactly.
Most married couples I know that go to my church use birth control. I don't think the Bible says anything against it.

Exactly.
Most married couples I know that go to my church use birth control. I don't think the Bible says anything against it.

Have you read the Bible?

Have you read the Bible?

That's a pretty bold question. Show me the chapter and verse that made you ask that.

And yes, I have.

Well, there was that verse in the old testament ... not very appropriate to post on a public forum ... if I can find it I'll make reference to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.