whats the best use of a burnt usb drive?

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Stick it under an extremely wobbly table to add stability.

Stick it under an extremely wobbly table to add stability.

Excellent!

do what I did -- use it as a door stop.

Sell it on eBay, they take everything.

Return it to the manufacturer and claim it to be faulty.

Return it to the manufacturer and claim it to be faulty.

Depending on how it got damaged and what brand it is that may well be the smart thing.
Those things are (for the better brands like Sandisk) designed to be pretty much indestructible and some brands (again like Sandisk) for that reason offer lifetime unlimited warranty on them.

Throw it out and buy a new one. When you can buy a 1gb one for like $7 these days why even bother keeping it? Plus it would probably cost you more time and money getting it replaced if it is under some kind of replacement sceme.

it would cost you nothing.
An email to the importer/manufacturer to get a warranty return approval.
And after that probably a trip to the store you bought it to get a new unit (the same trip you'd take anyway to get that new one ;)).

it would cost you nothing.
An email to the importer/manufacturer to get a warranty return approval.
And after that probably a trip to the store you bought it to get a new unit (the same trip you'd take anyway to get that new one ;)).

Not if you buy online.

Send it as a gift to your foe. He will be happy that hes getting "something" from his "enemy". He will then stop hating you :D

Send it as a gift to your foe. He will be happy that hes getting "something" from his "enemy". He will then stop hating you :D

So a "foe" would be happy to receive a broken item and stop hating you? Are you high?

Are you high?

I wish i was :( ! But the 'end result' (of giving a burnt USB drive to your enemy) depends on your enemy. There are still good people, you see :D

Stick it in a computer at work or school and leave it for people to wonder about. Come back next week and see it's still there.

Make like the Mythbusters team would and fire it out of a flintlock rifle using TNT dust as gunpowder. :)

nav33n, nice tagline.

commented: I doubt there are actually any myths about that kind of action. Although after this conversation...? +3
commented: Good idea. +4

thanks venomlash :)

Sell it on eBay, they take everything.

No they don't. We tried to sell one of my mates. You're not allowed sell people.

In the bin...

Send that to a museum.

use it as a key holder.. so u don't forget your keys anymore..

Throw it at a child !!!

geeky xmas tree ornament

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.