Most mods have second accounts.

I must have been missing out then :)

>I do not think a person of Narue's status and popularity
>needs to make more than one account at daniweb .

In the contrary, that's precisely why second accounts are often used. A high profile member may want to participate without being quite so high profile all the time. I do have a second account that I created for that purpose (albeit largely unused these days). The IRC regulars know what it is because that's where I started using the name.

A high profile member may want to participate without being quite so high profile all the time.

which is exactly what i was thinking of when i discovered the unusually precise timing coincidences in their appearance/disappearance, and the uncanny posting similarities between them

that Narue is an admitted covert alias user, only increases the evidence against her and "mister" Gunn.

>that Narue is an admitted covert alias user, only increases
>the evidence against her and "mister" Gunn.

Showing up and suddenly becoming high profile doesn't exactly accomplish the goal of a low profile alias... :icon_rolleyes:

maybe it was an unintended consequence of your awesomeness.

maybe it was an experiment, or a vanity project.

>maybe it was an unintended consequence of your awesomeness.
Good point. My awesomeness is very difficult to contain when I want to hide.

Can ordinary member have second account ? what is the daniweb policy ?

there isnt an official line on it, really.

there isnt an official line on it, really.

Unless you intend to use it with to sole purpose to spam even more signature links.

commented: oh snap +0

Second accounts used to try and circumvent a ban are not allowed and will simply be banned without warning if discovered.

hello everyone. I'm new here. this place looks cool. what are you talking about?

hello everyone. I'm new here. this place looks cool. what are you talking about?

Welcome to Daniweb! You picked an interesting thread to make your first post.

We are discussing obsessions, conspiracies and posting statistics of hermaphroditic users in the Metro-Atlanta area with multiple Daniweb accounts.

commented: :) +0
commented: Good thread summary so far :) +0

I happen to have a good memory for odd things, so, in the interest of holiday fun, allow me to add another log onto this conspiracy fire. Clever use of the Wayback Machine netted me this pseudo-confession: "I also enjoy studying interpersonal relations among online personalities, which is probably why I like to chat and spend so much time on forums. I experiment with various perspectives and try new things when interacting with others. As such, for each forum I visit, I tend to have a wildly different personality, which seems strange at first."

Happy sleuthing! :)

commented: Heavy stuff :P +0
commented: zomg +0

" Clever use of the Wayback Machine "

That will also tell you that daniweb used to a puppy website :)

Resurrecting an old thread, eh? :icon_wink:

Narue = Jephthah = Tom Gunn. We never see all three at the same time.

Narue = Jephthah = Tom Gunn. We never see all three at the same time.

Some new fuel on the conspiracy theory :) We should start a poll.

Dani and Narue are the same person. My evidence is that they are both women. I submit this to all of you so you can congratulate me.

*claps* wow, congratulations. :P

Dani and Narue are the same person. My evidence is that they are both women. I submit this to all of you so you can congratulate me.

What makes you think Narue is female? (s)he admits (s)he is a witch, so (s)he could be either or both. :)

But her profile says "Code Goddess"! And Dani is the most powerful on Daniweb . . the God of Daniweb. I'm convinced.

What makes you think Narue is female? (s)he admits (s)he is a witch, so (s)he could be either or both.

But her profile says "Code Goddess"! And Dani is the most powerful on Daniweb . . the God of Daniweb. I'm convinced.

Don't make me rethink my entire worldview. ;)

>What makes you think Narue is female?
Indeed. It's all well and good to take someone at their word online, there are a lot of liars out there. I could be one of them. ;)

>Don't make me rethink my entire worldview.
Try this one for size: I'm a pimply faced teenage dude who gets bullied at school, Tom is a recovering Kathy Sierra, jephtha is when I get drunk on my parent's booze (when they're not home, because I'd get in trouble), and Dani is Al Gore.

commented: LOLerskates +0

when they're not home, because I'd get in trouble

Yet another latchkey kid gone terribly wrong. At least you've learned to write quality code in the process. To "bolster" my claim of you being older I wanted to find the poster who accused you of being middle-aged and bitter but I can't locate the post. Argh.

Dani is Al Gore

As long as "she" (Al) doesn't (mis)use the term "Information Superhighway" everything will be ok. She seems to have more personality in the tip of her pinkie than he does in toto. Well played in throwing us off the track, Al.

It just occurred to me that Narue is also named Aia. Aia is just too smart to be anyone other than Narue.

Hmm. For some time I've thought that Ancient Dragon is really an alias for Herb Schildt.

Haw -- he is a lot smarter than me.

is that sort of a left-handed compliment?

Schildt is smarter than me too, but he's been criticized relentlessly by a number of people on the ISO standardizing committee. They seem to particularly revile his Annotated C Standard but also are quick to disdain his C: A complete Reference

I have C:ARM somewhere. i never had any problem with it as a generic learning guide/reference, other than it was a bit simplistic and sparse.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.