I just noticed that daniweb profiles are web searchable. I wasn't expecting this so I wish to delete my daniweb profile, but I don't see any way to do that. Nor do I see a contact email to get it done. Anyone know how?

Recommended Answers

All 55 Replies

The short answer? You can't.

You can edit everything out of it though.

The short answer? You can't.

You can edit everything out of it though.

well they have a phone number I'd love to hear them tell that directly. it would be a fun fight

commented: LAWYER UP, DOOD :icon_rolleyes: +0

If you are concerned about the vcard you can get rid of it under control panel/Settings and Options(on the left)/Edit options

I'd love to hear them tell that directly

If you hover over Ezzaral's panel on the left of his post, then you can see that he is a moderator.

Ok, good luck.

nope googled my name and this came up, not cool theres no need for that. I've since deleted all my info but still its the principal.

>> well they have a phone number I'd love to hear them tell that directly. it would be a fun fight

SO TUFF

nope googled my name and this came up, not cool theres no need for that. I've since deleted all my info but still its the principal.

The acceptable use policy clearly states that member profile information may be publicly visible and entering it is entirely optional: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/faq.php?faq=privacy_policy#faq_member_profiles

If your info is still showing in Google after you removed it, then I suppose that's an issue you'd need to take up with them. DaniWeb has little input into Google's searching, indexing, and caching mechanisms. It may be that it will disappear the next time they spider the site. I really can't say.

Member Avatar for Moody_1

How is Dani..?? Find him & do contact him..!

commented: lulz +0

> I just noticed that daniweb profiles are web searchable. I wasn't expecting this

Really?

commented: Haha :) +0

People's real names are also google searchable. google your real name and you may also get some hits.

>> People's real names are also google searchable. google your real name and you may also get some hits.

meh. mine only shows some entries at the Department of Corrections.

>>meh. mine only shows some entries at the Department of Corrections.

Figures. You are probably one of the inmates in the men's federal prison located about 40 miles from my house :)

or maybe, i'm right outside your window

(*ducks*)

How is Dani..?? Find him & do contact him..!

Dani is not a him but a her.

For general DaniWeb contact details scroll to the bottom of this page and click on contacts.

For Dani see her profile here.

For general day-to-day DaniWeb community issues PM me.

commented: Dork. +0

you can also send complaints to me.

I run this place.

Member Avatar for diafol

I'm Spartacus!

commented: :) +0
commented: Ha, ha, purple stress. That's good! +0

I'm Spartacus!

I'm Spartacular!

you can also send complaints to me.

I run this place.

Then why is it all purple?

commented: Haha :D +0
commented: awesome +0
commented: Unexpected wit, but I like it. +0

>cscgal Then why is it all purple? Because it contracted a purple virus. PLEASE MORE CONTRAST in quote field,Thank YOU.

commented: Good readability point. +0
commented: How about purple on purple? That will much the rest of the site. +0

"Fellas, fellas, forget the purple, what this site needs is more COWBELL!" I got to have more cowbell when I click a link!

commented: Rock on +0
Member Avatar for diafol

>Fellas, fellas, forget the purple, what this site needs is more COWBELL!" I got to have more cowbell when I click a link!

You are a sick puppy. You and that Dani - what a fine pair you three make if ever there was one. Cowbells and Purple. You should be institutionalized.

I'm still Spartacus, and so's my wife.

Thank you for making the "code" button darker. Maybe new members will use it more often now. Like other members have mentioned, the quotes are difficult to read. I currently either have to squint or move closer to my screen to read them. Making the font larger and darker would be helpful. Oh, and again, minor, but "Originally posted by cscgal" > "Quote originally posted by cscgal".

Oh, and again, minor, but "Originally posted by cscgal" > "Quote originally posted by cscgal".

I'd prefer it as "Quoth the [username]..." ;)

I think I'm going to have to second the fontsize/fontcolor/backcolor arguement. As I hope I still have near 20/20 vision but I find myself sometimes leaning my head forward to read it. How about this... Keep the background color, fontcolor=black, and size = normal post size and keep current padding of the quote... Just a thought...

Dani the Computer Science Gal
is the owner and ceo and Boss of the daniweb its readonly can't delete

How to get a bad reputation fast. It should be the unalienable right of anyone to delete their profile whenever they see fit. And vcards are well out of order.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.