I use the 'since last visit' button to find new/unread posts and I would like to mark the threads I have no interest in as read.
The only way to do this now is to open the thread or, after viewing the threads i like, go to the formum and click the 'Mark this Forum Read' button.

Would it be possible to add a 'Mark as Read' button to each thread in the search results?
Or a checkbox and a 'Mark selected as Read' button at the bottom?

Edit: With the checkbox idea you could also have an 'Open selected in new tabs' button.
What do you think?

I know this is an old topic, but I've just registered to the site and I'd also like to see this feature.

I always use the "New Posts" function as I browse the site during the day. I am only interested in reading 25% of the new posts there on a daily basis, it would be helpful if there was a "Mark as Read" button on the search page so that I could clear it after I've glanced at everything I wanted to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.