I just had the same as Chris. I also get problems in receiving my mails after a member has posted a reply. I need to constantly refresh the pages where I had replies to see if there was any other replies added. This happened yesterday and the day before for a while, then all of a sudden I get a ton of mails that was about 3 posts late.

Since yesterday afternoon all was well again, so I'm holding thumbs. I see Davey is using Chrome, which I am as well. As Chris mentioned, I don't think it is a browser specific problem. The problems also seem to come and go.

At this moment I cannot reproduce the problem. No changes/updates to my PC.

I haven't had any issues until about 10 minutes ago, where i can't view the control panel at all, it goes straight to the list of all forums.
...odd.

I also get problems in receiving my mails after a member has posted a reply. I need to constantly refresh the pages where I had replies to see if there was any other replies added. This happened yesterday and the day before for a while, then all of a sudden I get a ton of mails that was about 3 posts late.

I'm not sure whether it's worth starting a new thread on, but I have not been getting any emails for the last 12-24 hours (over the last week, I've been missing some replies(I'm never sure whether or not that's DW's server or Hotmail), but almost everything was getting through ok).

So sorry guys, I'm going to be constantly tweaking things over the course of the day.

Don't apologize, just letting you know. :)

I'm not sure whether it's worth starting a new thread on, but I have not been getting any emails for the last 12-24 hours (over the last week, I've been missing some replies(I'm never sure whether or not that's DW's server or Hotmail), but almost everything was getting through ok).

Yeah, its down again. No mail from DW today, tons from all over though, so server is fine in receiving and sending mail, only DW.

So sorry guys, I'm going to be constantly tweaking things over the course of the day.

Same here, don't worry too much. We can still manage.;)

The monthly newsletter has been going out since Tuesday, so maybe that's what's bogging down the mail server. I will have James investigate.

Thanks boks.:) It seems a few people is experiencing this, at least the ones I have chatted to today.

Mail was backed up, most of it should go out in the next hour or so.

No notifications for me now for a couple of days.

Possibly a related problem: Using IE8, the "Unanswered Threads" and "Threads I've Posted In" buttons don't always work. Have to click them twice in order to get valid lists. The first time I click either of those buttons the browser seems to do something but when all done the screen doesn't change at all. Refreshing does not change it either. The second time I click the button everything works normally. I can make this happen consistently every time I try it, and have noticed the problem for the past day or so.

I mentioned this the other day. Good to know I'm not alone :)

All mail just came through, all 64 of them....;)

Thanks guys.

Good to know I'm not alone

I complaint about this when it started happening about 2 weeks ago. At least it is getting sorted, slowly but surely.:)

Dani. I may have something. In Opera I have the option to enable/disable sending the referrer information.
I had it enabled and tried 3 times to go to 'Todays Posts,' each time getting the error I spoke of before.
I disabled the 'send referrer information' and immediately got the link to work.
Hope this info helps some.

So it was enabled by default and you disabled it? It should work in reverse...

It has always been enabled, but until now there has not been the problem I am experiencing.
Still having no problems with it disabled.

I get the results as expected.
Just tried something else too (this is with send referral information enabled). After following one of those links you gave I proceeded to click on 'Today's Posts' and got the correct result.
I opened another Tab in the browser and clicked on 'Today's Posts' and got the 'No Matches' error again.
Really strange.
I think if I am the only member experiencing this though, I wouldn't worry about it as it seems to be working okay provided I disable the 'Send referral information' is disabled.

I know this sounds crazy but I have in the past faced issues with anti-virus and firewall softwares messing around with my browsing experience. So if you have recently got an update, that's where you can try looking... :-)

> I think if I am the only member experiencing this though, I wouldn't worry about it as it seems to be working okay provided I disable the 'Send referral information' is disabled.

Well I don't want to have that attitude because it has been my experience that for every one member who brings up an issue, there are 100,000 other people experiencing the same issue who are too lazy to submit a bug report or help me diagnose it.

Member Avatar for diafol

> there are 100,000 other people experiencing the same issue who are too lazy to submit a bug report or help me diagnose it

Ouch. First Aussies, now forum users in general?
Sticks and stones...

LOL, I mean website visitors in general are not going to take the time or bother to alert the webmaster if a link isn't functioning the way they'd expect.

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, thanks for the apology, from a lazy so-and-so. :)

Clearing the browser cache is one of those miracle cures that nearly always works

commented: Stop reviving dead thread, a one that is more than 3 months old +0
commented: Clearing the browser cache makes no sense in this case +0
commented: Spammer +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.