The difference is that you were asking about mods providing feedback on reported posts, of which there are hundreds every week, whereas the current thread is about tutorial postings of which there are relatively few.

In this particular case we have had a number of PHP tutorials submitted at the same time, but lack moderators with the relevant level of PHP experience to peer review those tutorials. No disrespect to cwarn23, but DaniWeb has to be sure that every tutorial that gets official status is accurate/correct - which is where we are at right now, discussing the best way forward with these tutorials.

DaniWeb values the time taken in writing and submitting these tutorials, and certainly doesn't want the poster to feel this isn't the case. They have not been forgotten, and we are actively considering what happens next. Sorry it's taking so long... :(

Thanks happygeek. Somehow, you happen to be one of my best admins alongside Narue and many others even though you were one of the first(if not the first) to give me a bad reputation when i joined daniweb and trying to get used to it :D

The difference is that you were asking about mods providing feedback on reported posts, of which there are hundreds every week, whereas the current thread is about tutorial postings of which there are relatively few.

In this particular case we have had a number of PHP tutorials submitted at the same time, but lack moderators with the relevant level of PHP experience to peer review those tutorials. No disrespect to cwarn23, but DaniWeb has to be sure that every tutorial that gets official status is accurate/correct - which is where we are at right now, discussing the best way forward with these tutorials.

DaniWeb values the time taken in writing and submitting these tutorials, and certainly doesn't want the poster to feel this isn't the case. They have not been forgotten, and we are actively considering what happens next. Sorry it's taking so long... :(

there are hundreds every week

I'm not asking about hundreds every week nor am I asking about mine to some degree. The question is just who has become the new boss. I think Dani forgot to re-apply the feature where you can see which members are which positions (eg which members are which tutorial approvers and how many mods are moderate the php forum) when Dani upgraded the forum interface (eg browsing forum categories). I wish Dani had of kept those features. If you don't want to revile the new boss(es) because of the pm system then that is fine. Also hundreds a week. G' I never would have thought that there would have been so many. Maybe you guy's need more mods ;)

For now I shall keep the right the remain silent while I wait for you's to sort through those posts in the coming weeks :)

The hundreds reference was in relation to reported posts and nothing else - mainly spam, posts without code tags and posts in the wrong forums that need moving.

There is no 'new boss' as far as tutorial submissions or anything is concerned. Dani is the site owner and big boss, then Narue and myself are site admins and ~s.o.s~ is the chief (super) moderator.

I think Dani forgot to re-apply the feature where you can see which members are which positions

Here you go

commented: Thanks for the link +0

@cwarn23 All of your tutorials should now be flagged as such, yell at me if they are not :)

@cwarn23 All of your tutorials should now be flagged as such, yell at me if they are not :)

Yes I just received two pm's regarding the two remaining tutorials. Thought I would let you know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.