Sorry to log everyone out, but I made a change to the login mechanism and the way cookies are stored to increase security.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I figured it was something along those lines. ;)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Dani

Sorry to log everyone out, but I made a change to the login mechanism and the way cookies are stored to increase security.

Are you trying to keep tracking members activity by storing cookies? I thought DaniWeb done that already? Another words, I assume DaniWeb had stored cookies for the past 10 years?

I'm a little confused by your question. We don't track member activity through cookies. Cookies are only used to store your login information keep you logged into the site. However, when we change the format of that login information on our end, then the cookies that are on your computer are no longer what we're looking for, and they're subsequently discarded.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Dani

I'm a little confused by your question. We don't track member activity through cookies. Cookies are only used to store your login information keep you logged into the site. However, when we change the format of that login information on our end, then the cookies that are on your computer are no longer what we're looking for, and they're subsequently discarded.

I'm sorry to confused you but when you mention security:

the way cookies are stored to increase security.

The first thing pop up in my mind you are tracking activities.

You meant "Authentication Cookies"

To let you know whether the user is logged in or not, and which account they are logged in under.

Yes, I got that from wiki.

But thanks for the clarification!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.