Member Avatar for Jaypie

How do I end membership with DaniWeb? I can't find a way out!

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Member Avatar for Jaypie

This doesn't help me!

Why are we allowed to delete memberships now?

commented: nice question :) +0

Why are we allowed to delete memberships now?

Because we got tired of long whine threads about how we were satan's spawn because account deletion wasn't supported. The new system made it easy enough to add, even though the reality is that it's a feel good feature that accomplishes a whole lot of nothing other than shutting up a vocal minority.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Although I do see some legitimate reasons for usage but yeah deceptikon is spot on.

We still keep the information required by law locked up in our database. We have simply altered the front end so that it is no longer visible for deleted accounts.

I was always for this particular solution.

I do find, though, that "Deleted Member" is a bit offputting. Any way we can keep the name on each post but with that small font, and change the poster level to "Deleted Member"? I've seen that format used to good effect and still accomplishes the request.

commented: seconded! +0

I was always for this particular solution.

I was never against it. It just wasn't feasable with vBulletin, hands down. We added it as quickly as we could in the new system. It made it into one of the early rounds of additions once all the primary bug fixes were taken care of.

Any way we can keep the name on each post but with that small font, and change the poster level to "Deleted Member"?

Yah, I'll look into it.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

So people who haven't been on Daniweb more than a few years can delete their membership now?

@Dani

If they want to, I guess?

How does it work?

So someone sign in and go to this thread and click the link that deceptikon provided then the member is deleted and it will show "Deleted Member" ?

I know sound a bit awe

A member can go into their member profile and click the button to "Edit Username". From that page, they can change their username or delete their membership entirely.

Change user name: how many times can they do that?

Once for the lifetime of your account.

I just went to my profile and could not find any way to change username or delete membership. I guess its because I have been a member too long. Doesn't matter -- I was just curious and don't intend to do either.

Go into your member profile. Not the Edit Profile page, but your actual public member profile. Scroll towards the bottom and there should be a button that says Edit Username.

found it.

Thanks for the info, Dani

@AD: If you delete your account, half of the c++ threads would become unreadable :)

what a fantastic discussion it is ! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.