Waiting for the java version of the API...When can i expect a java version?

I know I posted a C# example; Did I do a Java one as well?

Do we have any decent app that uses the API yet?

Like I said, my own posting app would be intresting but I havent had any time to develop it.

I heard that there is an app in the progress (for android).

Is there? I vaguely recall someone saying they wanted to write one, but not sure if it's been started or even if they intend to pursue it.

Is there? I vaguely recall someone saying they wanted to write one, but not sure if it's been started or even if they intend to pursue it.

I thought you wrote another post that there is an app in the works. ( you posted here ). but your probably right about the project not being pursued.

Yeah, that's an iPhone app, but it's in its very early stages.

you get to permanently disable ads on the site. I think that's pretty generous :)

How many posts do you need until you disable ads? Sometimes... i randomly keep the ads on and off to see the pretty ads... :D

Not many ... ten I think? Or a member for more than a few weeks? I forget the specific credentials but they are just enough to prove that you're a real community member versus someone who joins and lurks or asks one question and never returns.

I forget the specific credentials but they are just enough to prove that you're a real community member versus someone who joins and lurks or asks one question and never returns.

That is a smart move, but sadly there are users like that.

A Android app..........Hmm...............

Porting my crude example to Android would only have the problem of the Jersey library AFAIK.

Harinath, as Sanjay says, the API is language-agnostic, meaning that it is fully functional with any language that is capable of making HTTP requests.

Oh..I never knew that REST and JSON thing. But i started learning it and found interesting. Especially JSON (because of its easy syntax). I thought that I will get some jar libraries(external jar libraries and API) . I wanted to develop a java desktop application which notifies me whenever someone commented on my thread or a new post in my desired thread.
Anyhow I will learn json and try to develop that thing...
Maybe if time permits , I want to develop full featured daniweb desktop application which notifies me without even checking the daniweb.com website regularly....

Sounds good :) That should all be doable.

I was looking and I may have missed it but, what is the limit on API requests that can be made?
I am assuming there is one set.

There is currently no limit on the number of API requests that can be made. However, requests that don't use an access token are heavily cached.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.