So I and rproffitt both downvoted a bot.
I went over to it's profile, we have apparently total power of 7 in reputation decrease. I expected -7 in reputation, instead it has 7 reputation. That minus is pretty important.
It also says Lam Bang (7) instead of Lam Bang (-7). It feels like people downvoting trolls are actually endorsing them.

Also, when two people downvote a response, how does it become "Featured Answer"?!

Dani commented: Testing rep :) +0

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Look at your 50 to the right of you member name. It has a thumbs up and the bot has just a number. I wonder if the intent was soften the negative blow?

Thumbs up next to reputation points shows only for first post. Has no bonding on negative or positive points. It's one who created the topic. Look at this posts' indicator. No thumbs up.

Also, it's profile also says 7 in reputation points.

commented: Should be interesting to see what happens next. +0

The featured response thing was a logic bug. Now as far as the guy's reputation, I recalculated it but am unable to replicate the problem. Also, I could have sworn I typed this post out hours earlier. Did I forget to hit the submit button?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.